Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    It is pretty sweet but what is with all the TIE's? Just for s**ts and giggles?

It's funny to me how folks always focus on the Tie Fighters in my collection and yet there's just as many X-Wing Fighters that never get mentioned. No love for the Rebels, huh?

Anyhow to answer your question...

The reason for the number of Tie Fighters is simple:

Some folks are army-builders of "trooper" action figures. (I am)
    Some folks are collectors of package variants (I am not)
    Some folks keep the packaging for most of their toys (I do)
    Some folks like to display their stuff loose (I do not)

The point is, collecting comes in all different kinds of styles and mindsets.
    Suffice it to say that despite my age (40), I still collect STAR WARS toys like an 11 year old kid hoping to one day re-enact the movies in his bedroom.

I just really took "We count 30 Rebel ships, Lord Vader!" literally!

Besides... having ONLY ONE Tie Fighter or X-Wing or Snowspeeder in my collection just seemed... wrong to me. Some ships need to be in squadrons, bay-bay!!!

The UP-SIDE is that certain STAR WARS vehicles (Luke's Landspeeder, Sandcrawler, Millennium Falcon, Darth Vader's Tie Fighter, Slave I, etc.) DO NOT appear in the films as squadrons or in large numbers. So I was quite content to simply buy ONE of each of those vehicles for my collection.

The same holds true for armies. Yes, there are 500 Imperial Stromtrooper action figures in my collection (it's insane but true).

But there is also only ONE Chewbacca figure in my collection. There is only ONE Darth Vader. There's only ONE Han Solo, ONE Luke Skywalker, ONE Princess Leia (in each of their various OT outfits). And of course, there are only ONE C-3P0 and R2-D2 in my collection.
    -Roberto DARKLORD Williams

I can certainly understand that. I don't army build ships, but I squad build them (5) when I can.
    Move along, move along

Good enough answer for me.

BTW, I did happen to notice all of the X-Wings.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jedi master sal View Post
    I can certainly understand that. I don't army build ships, but I squad build them (5) when I can.
    I semi-squad build. About 2 to 4 when I can. My biggest thind is shelf space, but I'm in thr procces of replacing the old with new, and I going to convert my walk-in closet from storage to a room for vehicles.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

Ah yes! It's the old "I'll build a walk-in closet to store my collection" notion of many toy collectors.

I've heard it before. In fact, the very idea of a dedicated collection walk-in closet was also my plan for my entire STAR WARS toy collection several years ago.

That was before I pulled my collection out of storage and moved into our new home. It was also before I realized how much space all this stuff takes up.

Quote Originally Posted by DARKLORD_67 View Post
    Ah yes! It's the old "I'll build a walk-in closet to store my collection" notion of many toy collectors.

I've heard it before. In fact, the very idea of a dedicated collection walk-in closet was also my plan for my entire STAR WARS toy collection several years ago.

That was before I pulled my collection out of storage and moved into our new home. It was also before I realized how much space all this stuff takes up.
    I'm actually going to use it as an outlet for some of my vehicles, not to store my whole collection. The closet is an extention of my existing collection room, I'm just putting it to better use than storing boxes.
    [FONT=Arial Narrow]MOM, THROW DOWN SOME MONEY! THE ICE CREAM MAN IS COMIIING!!!![/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by DARKLORD_67 View Post

I'd need one frickin' huge walk-in closet if I was going to put my collection in it. If a 10X25 storage unit can't fit it all, well...
    Move along, move along

Quote Originally Posted by jedi master sal View Post
    If a 10X25 storage unit can't fit it all, well...
    I've got the same size sotrage unit probably a little over half full.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Nice stuff! But are you going to take them out of the boxes?
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    Nice stuff! But are you going to take them out of the boxes?

Actually, everything that I own has been taken out of its box and assembled at some point.

It's just that I keep all the packaging to store and protect the items from any damage.

There was an accident with a ruptured water line in my home about 2 years ago that ruined all the packaging for my TIE INTERCEPTORS and a few of my TIE FIGHTERS.

That is why they are sitting on the shelves loose.