Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bridge over Danube could be named after Chuck Norris (merged)

and i am not kidding

"Bridge over Danube could be named after Chuck Norris

A new bridge in Hungary could be named after the action film actor Chuck Norris after officials left the naming to an internet vote.

Votes for the Chuck Norris Bridge have so far attracted 11 per cent, of the vote, organised by the Ministry for the Economy.

That puts it just ahead of naming the bridge after Hungarian humorist Geza Hofi and three times more popular than naming it after state founder Szent Istvan.

Votes can be cast until September 8 on the website www.m0hid.gov.hu There are more that 500 nominations, as well as names referring to delays, such as 'It Will Never Happen Bridge'.

A government committee will review the three winning names, as well as other proposals put forward by local governments, cartographers, linguists and others.

The bridge over the Danube is due to open in 2008."

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1938048.html

I heard that in the car this morning. Surprised I didn't cause a multi-car pileup as I was laughing my arse off.
    Hasbro, Wuher needs help, bring us Ackmena http://www.petitiononline.com/Ackmena/petition.html

Kenobi must be the Smith or Johnson of Tatooine

some would argue that chuck norris is capable of going back in time and naming the bridge after himself, thus rendering the voting process moot.

I would have voted but I cant read the page.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

We would all just have to drive there to get our picture taken in front of the sign of the bridge.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Did I here a call for an SSG field trip? Im in.
    You'll be dead!

N. Lindstrom Photo
    Top Shelf Traders - tjovonovich, Val Da Car

Awesome. Every river should have one.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Quote Originally Posted by Rebo's_Guitarist
    Did I here a call for an SSG field trip? Im in.
    I got shotgun!

Since you are to never cross Chuck Norris, the bridge is purely decorative.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.