Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Is Slave Leia Unleashed's Vibro Axe Staff Way Too Long?

I just brought home from storage Boba Fett and Slave Leia.

Looking at her pole dancer prop she's holding, it seems way too long for any Unleashed character to use as a weapon. The darn thing's longer than Darth Maul's 2-bladed Lightsaber! Were it thicker, it might make a good 12" figure's weapon, but what the heck was Hasbro thinking? I just noticed this again, as I hadn't seen the figue in some time.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

It's exagerrated like all aspects of the Unleashed line. Just look at that lime green saber "swoosh" on Jedi Luke... it's not meant to be accurate. Exagerration is the highlight of the Unleashed that make them so cool. If it's accuracy you want, try the Sideshow Premium Format sculptures instead.

I thought as much. What's unusual about Leia is that her actual prop weapon is exageratted - very different from Luke's lightsaber whoosh.

I buy both SideShow and (when they were offered) Hasbro Unleashed.

I really loved the Unleashed 7" line!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

So did I but for some reason Hasbro thinks that shrinking them down into 2" Battle Packs and making them ridiculously overpriced is more cost effective than offering 3 beatifully sculpted 7" figures per wave at a $15 price point. Maybe Hasbro should sell the Unleashed license to Sideshow.

Quote Originally Posted by decadentdave
    Maybe Hasbro should sell the Unleashed license to Sideshow.
    While I do buy SideShow, I think Gentle Giant would do awesome work with an Unleashed line. I don't own any of their stuff, but I do admire it.

I really liked GG's statues for Slave Leia and General Kenobi in his Clone Wars armor that were on display in San Diego.

Haha. Well Carrie Fisher apparently did not. We'll see if we end up getting that Leia product after she's done ranting about it. I haven't heard of what came from all that, nor did I witness it. But apparently Carrie didn't appreciate the Leia statue like we would

Yes, I was at GG's booth and overheard one of their staff say that Carrie came by and said "Who gave you guys permission to show my sn**ch?" and her agent called up Lucasfilm and voiced some concerns about it. I think Carrie was just being Carrie. She likes to shock people. She was pretty lucid when I met her. Probably a lot of anti-depressents. Anyway, Carrie was just being vocal, what else is new.

Like I said, I think Carrie was just being her typical sarcastic self. I think GG and the Lucasfilm people got nervous and took it seriously. I don't think Carrie really cares one way or the other and she was probably amused by it, though probably not as titilated as we were.

Quote Originally Posted by decadentdave
    Yes, I was at GG's booth and overheard one of their staff say that Carrie came by and said "Who gave you guys permission to show my sn**ch?" and her agent called up Lucasfilm and voiced some concerns about it. I think Carrie was just being Carrie. She likes to shock people. She was pretty lucid when I met her. Probably a lot of anti-depressents. Anyway, Carrie was just being vocal, what else is new.
    Did the statue really show her anatomy as she colorfully put it?