Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Flyboys!

Flyboys!

I can't wait for this one! A World War One flying ace movie that opens September 29th. This one's coming up on us fast. And you thought the summer movies were good?

Flyboys stars James Franco from Spider-Man fame (Harry, the Green Goblin 2)

I'm really looking forward to this one!

Thank ROCKETBOY for the link to this movie's trailer and plot, cast, and crew info:

http://imdb.com/title/tt0454824/
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I never even heard of this upcoming movie until now and I too am now looking forward to seeing this movie. I'm always suprised how little use the First World War gets in the movie industry.

http://www.flyboysthemovie.com/
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Can't remember where I saw the first trailer for this (it was quite a while ago). I want to say before Anapolis...

It does look pretty good. I'll probably go see it of nothing better opens that weekend.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

This movie looks totally cool! I can't wait to see it! You can tell they are using alot of CGI for these Biplanes. The technology is finally here to do such movies, since alot of these planes no longer exist in any great numbers (including a Zeppelin!) George Lucas is supposed to be making "Red Tails" another story about the WWII Tuskegee Airmen. Alot more of the P-51 Mustangs are still around though.

Dude, it looks like nothing's better opening this year:

X-men 3 was disappointing
    Superman Returns was comparable to light beer, good but not habit forming
    Miami Vice was OK, but equally not ground-breaking. A little less intriguing than Traffic
    Clerks 2 - well now, that was funny! Different kind of movie though. Great special effects with the Donkey however...

Pirates of the Carribean 2 - well I need to get into these Pirate films - I've never seen them. However, I've heard it was not as good as the first one.

Click - plan on seeing it. Adam Sandler makes me laugh. It seems like a date movie though, and first I need to get a new date!

But Flyboys? I'm taking my brother for his birthday now (it'll have to be a belated treat as his b-day is before the movie comes out). But this is a total perfect "man's movie." The action and effects and cinematography all make it look like a better quality film than any of the before mentioned. (X-men, Superman, and especially Miami Vice were all so dark that you couldn't always see what was going on in the action sequences - that can be cool and heighten tension sometimes, but the broad daylight of airial combat / dogfighting and the speed and grace involved in it is awesome. BTW: I saw no parachutes in the trailer and that alone has me curious. Did they send pilots up, inventing the combat plane before they invented the parachute as standard emergency equipment? That would be like a TIE fighter with no shields - you come home victorious or you don't come home.

Flyboys is going to rock!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    BTW: I saw no parachutes in the trailer and that alone has me curious. Did they send pilots up, inventing the combat plane before they invented the parachute as standard emergency equipment? That would be like a TIE fighter with no shields - you come home victorious or you don't come home.

Flyboys is going to rock!
    No, parachutes were either not invented or put in production till later. Talk about flying by the seat of your pants! BTW: The WWII Japanese Zero pilots didn't wear parachutes either. Something about if you didn't win don't bother coming back. They lost most of their experienced pilots in the first part of the war because of no parachutes, and very little armor on their planes (that's why they were so menuverable and fast) Stupidity on the part of the Japs. It is a main reason why they lost. Since WWII was decided by Air Power mostly. (I know we are talking about WWI here, just a side note about parachutes)

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    Pirates of the Carribean 2 - well I need to get into these Pirate films - I've never seen them. However, I've heard it was not as good as the first one.
    You were lied to.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Also try The Blue Max for a great WWI "Flyboy" epic. Best biplane cinematography I've ever seen. This is the aerial combat theatre seen from the German perspective. George Peppard(yes, the A-Teams George) is miscast as the lead, but this movie(on DVD from Fox) boasts what many music soundtrack nuts consider Jerry Goldsmith's greatest score(1966). No CGI in sight...just the real thing! Check it out!
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."

Man, I must dig Flyboys too much already: I watch the trailer over and over (3 times anyway) turned up at my computer's "almost-highest volume."

Now I want action figures that can go in French and German bi-planes.

I must be nuts!

BTW: I'm going to try and find Blue Max in the library. Maybe - maybe - Blockbuster carries it. I'll go look.

Yeah, let me know if you turn it up. It's worth buying in my opinion...just for the stereo score & the dogfight sequences...a real epic in that sense(it's a wonder to me noone was killed in the production of this film).
    "In my experience there's no such thing as luck."