SWCCG: Coruscant

Since JediTricks drove the "other" posters from their rightful safe haven, I hereby declare this area the emptiest forum around since I am the only one who seems to still buy these cards occasionally.

So I will just say. I bought some. Pretty cool.

How did JediTricks do that?

I have no interest in playing the game, but the few cards I got over the years are pretty neat.

it's a long o-tello, Ceasar, but back in the old forums there was a section under cards called "other" that got about as much traffic as one way, dead end road in the middle of the Canadian Northern Territorries (read :hardly any) So DarthMaulGot MauledE1 started a thread called "i don't even collect the cards but...' which soon eroded into complete silliness and racked up a whopping 667 posts before it crashed. After that, pretty much every thread started in the "other" section was an attempt to recreate the fun of that original thread. We had another thread that was about to hit the 200 post mark when they switched over to the new forums here. Well, we attempted to ressurect the "i dont' even collect the card but..." thread once again, but Jedi Tricks put a stop to it by deleting it, mostly because it really had nothing to do with Star Wars and had more to do with the camraderie that is forged here at Sir Steves, something i can only presume SirSteve and JediTricks are fiercely jealous of....So the "other" posters (which is what we called the regulars) are floundering without a section to call their own...

I'm not really sure how to link back to the old forum, but you should check out those threads. They were a lot of fun....

Right. Anyway. Back to the Coruscant cards. I got a box from a guy cheap and there is no checklist and or rule sheet in the box. Cheap GONK!ers at Decipher..Probably in the cards now like with the Tatooine cards...

Hey Rollo, those comments about me and Steve are really rude and mean-spirited of you, they look like they came from a snotty, spoiled 5-year-old brat, is that how you want your comments to reflect upon you? If you have a problem with me, take it up with me directly in email or via PM, but don't just lash out at the site and it's staff because you didn't like an action I took. I deleted that thread because there are half a dozen like it in the MISC section, so I wasn't about to move yet another nonsense, nondiscussion thread into there; the only 2 options I had were to remove it or to merge it with one of those threads in MISC, in which case, you'd probably be badmouthing me about that instead.

This stuff about "So the "other" posters (which is what we called the regulars) are floundering without a section to call their own..." is not only unfair, but also untrue. The MISC section is precisely for other, non-Star Wars topics, it's not my fault you guys want to go against the rules here and start off-topic, non-discussion threads outside the MISC section; look to yourselves for the blame there.

As for the link to the old forums, it's on the front page of SSG, says "Forums (OLD)" right below "Forums (NEW)".

UPDATE - Rollo, I read your comments on the GONK thread, I think I understand what you're saying about the "special playhouse" concept. I suggest asking SirSteve for permission to continue on, since it's his site. If he says "yes", then it won't be a problem.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Ummmm...JT.. I uh think he was being sarcastic! I could be wrong, but I read it that way!

I believe we worked things out in the MISC section after the above was posted.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Just lookin' thru old threads...

Tee hee. My "snotty" comments led to the creation of the CellBlock.

So who was the one who actually approached Steve about it? It wasn't me.

Man this card section is dead.

Is this post-padding?

I'm just talkin' to myself here...

Those Coruscant cards are pretty nice. Too bad about Decipher losin' the license.

WOTC blows.

ummmmmm.... Arrgh.

[whistling and lookin' at the cieling.]

I am so bored.

Can I get a Gonk?

So...

How 'bout them Decipher cards?

(sigh)yeah. I'll go now.