Thread: Clone question

Clone question

I was glancing over wikipedia a bit today, and found some contrary entries. Some list Sgt Fox as dying during the temple purge, while others say he was wounded.

I have seen similar oddities about Commander Bly. (Which guy is he? Does he have a visor or not?)

As the wiki articles are riddled with errors that contradict the movies (such as Oddball's entry), I figureed I would ask here-

Do Appo and Fox die? And, if so, where/when?

Thanks.

An erroneous entry on Wikipedia? You don't say. . . .

Not sure about Fox, but Appo survived a few weeks beyond ROTS to be beheaded in Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic Guglieme
    Where is our definitive sourcebook dang it?
    I fear that may be impossible as the EU floodgates open, flooding the market with stories too intertwined and contradictory to follow. I'd expect a def. s-book when Steve Sansweet does another updated Tomart's SW Price Guide.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Okay, so, here is my question, how long until fans walk away from convoluted and contrary stories?

Quote Originally Posted by Dominic Guglieme
    Okay, so, here is my question, how long until fans walk away from convoluted and contrary stories?
    they didn't walk away from the many contradictory stories with OT EU. PT contradicted most of the OT EU and most still didn't walk away. in most cases this won't change things either.

Actually it's the folks at Lucas Licensing that are to blame. They keep certain things to very high standards and try not to contradict with themselves (books, comics, role playing game entries on these subjects) while holding things like video games and DK publishing to a lower standard. DK often contradicts with other sources becuase it's suposedly a visual media but often gets things wrong when compared to other "literary" sources. Sansweet's books are nothing compared to Slavisek's Guide to the Star Wars Universe. Also, Essential Guides are rather simplistic when compared to many of the good source books that Wizards of the Coast has published.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

Honestly, that kind of editorial sloppiness drives me away from franchise's, be it SW, Marvel, DC.....

Oddly, Gamesworkshop (which has 20+ years of content), is pretty consistent. There are little tweaks, but most of those are thematic.