Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Do it, I want to mod for a month. Oh wait....
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Hey, that would be cool.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Seriously, it would.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Hey, I just made two bucks!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I think it's a novel idea myself. It would, like our esteemed collegue JT pointed out, cause a ton of post-padding though. I think it should only be a function in "certain parts" of the forums. THAT would be fun.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman View Post
    Do it, I want to mod for a month. Oh wait....
    I can barely get you to mod for 5 minutes!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I can barely get you to mod for 5 minutes!
    buuuuuuuuuuuurn! he got you good

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSolo1138 View Post
    I think it's a novel idea myself. It would, like our esteemed collegue JT pointed out, cause a ton of post-padding though. I think it should only be a function in "certain parts" of the forums. THAT would be fun.
    yeah, like the star wars movies section... to actually keep it alive now that the movies are done...

the only thing that bugs me about the posting "cash" or reward system or whatever is that everyone just gets the "cash" for posting anything, regardless of value or thought. if it was a system where people rewarded you with the "cash" (either out of their own bank, although i doubt that would happen... or just a "pennies from heaven" type deal) THAT would be cool... like ranking someone's posts and stuff, but they actually GET something for using their brains. what they get, i dunno... i like the custom title under the username. there is other stuff i guess... like maybe the ability to use sig banners?
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

GNT would have been a very, very rich man if post-padding meant a paycheck.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

There's an auction function, too, that allows the admin to put an item up for bids (i.e. custom titles, mod for a day). Granted, that would also benefit the post padders, but if it was done in a spur-of-the-moment fashion it may not be as bad. I don't think post padding here is too big of an issue. Everyone does it, but there are no real offenders, IMO. Plus, mods should have some sort of authority to regulate someones money (read: take it away), eh?