The SSG forums upgrade is complete, and here's a list of new features.
- You can now tag multiple posts that you wish to respond to by clicking a small button on each post. Once you click the reply button, each tagged post is quoted. To increase usability, by default, only posts within the current thread are automatically quoted. If you wish to quote posts in other threads with multi-quote, you simply need to click a link on the reply page, and the text of those posts will be added without a reload.
New "Mark Forums Read" System
- If you wish to mark a forum read, you can simply double-click its status icon on the index page and the change will be processed without a reload. You can even mark individual sub-forums as read in the same way.
Quote Links to Quoted Post
- When quoting a post, the ID of the post is automatically included with the [quote] tag. When the quoted text is viewed in a thread, a small icon links back to the quoted post.
Improved Buddy List/Ignore List Interface
- The new buddy and ignore list editor allows users to be quickly added and removed from your lists, with assistance for name suggestion along the way. If an error occurs such as a user not being found, you can simply correct the error and continue without reloading the page.
Private Message Preview in Notification Emails
- If you have elected to receive emails when receiving a new private message, the email will now contain more than just the name of the user who sent you the message. The title and body of the message will be included. Any BB codes in the message will automatically be converted to an equivalent plaintext version.
Auto-Resize Oversized Image Attachments
- If a user attaches an image that has dimensions larger than the fourms system allows, the image will automatically resized to fit. This is similar to the auto-resizing of avatars that the previous version of the forums performed.
‘Reason for Editing’ Available on Quick Edit
- You may now include a reason for editing without having to click through to the full editor.
Unique Unsubscribe Link in Emails
- Thread and forum subscription emails now include a link for unsubscribing that is unique to each user. When using this link, unsubscribing from a thread or forum no longer requires logging in.
Save Search Preferences
- Changing your search preferences on the advanced search page no longer requires a page reload.
Improved 'Rate Threads' System
- Rating a thread can be done without a page reload now. Rate a thread like you normally would, but when you submit the rating, you’ll get a notification that your rating was accepted (or if it wasn’t) and the new thread rating will instantly appear.
Show Threads or Posts from Quick Search Popup
- You can now choose to show search results as threads or posts without having to click through to the advanced search page.
Pop Up List of Attachments in a Thread
- The paperclip icon that denotes whether a thread contains attachments is now clickable. It will pop up a window that shows a list of all the attachments in the specified thread, including file size and number of views.
Receive Private Messages from Buddies Only
- You may now select to receive private messages only from users on your buddy list. If a non-buddy tries to send you a message, they will receive an error saying that you do not accept private messages. Administrators and moderators are automatically able to bypass this restriction.
Private Messages Quota Warning
- Once you have reached 90% of your private message quota, you will receive a warning telling you that you have almost reached your quota.