Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

why do people care about how other people smile?

or more specifically, why do they feel the need to comment about it to those same people?

first I've got JediMasterGuyute cracking on me on MySpace (what a nice welcoming post ) and now SeanMcPrequelLover is busting on me here, accusing me of rockin' Slicker's grillz.

My whole life I have been a non-teeth smiler and it's never going to change. I don't know why but it's always been like that, I can (but won't) scan my 1st grade class picture and you will see a kid with a toothless smile (not to mention a cool early 80s sweater and bad haircut ) but the point is, I've always smiled teeth-less. And I often see other people smiling like that, I don't know how the population breaks down but there's a good percentage of us out there being discriminated against.

And the simple fact that people have ripped on me for it GUARANTEES I will NEVER consider changing my approach anyway. I'm not talking about Guy and Sean now, I'm talking about "real world" experiences such as an aunt who would criticize me for it in front of other people, like after my sister's wedding when we were posing for pics and my aunt was scolding me and embarrassing me by saying I'm not smiling and I was trying to be civil by not telling her to STFU. Another wedding I was at, I stood up in a friend's wedding party and afterward this "PROFESSIONAL" photographer whom I didn't even kow was cracking on me, I thought it was classless and embarrassing for her to be such a B.

There are other examples so don't think this thread is an attack on 2 internet friends, I assure you my rage runs deeper than that.

Honestly though, how f***ing rude is that? That's how I smile for photos, get over it. How many people do I see in my routine life that have bad teeth? What if I went up to one of them and said, "dude or madam, why do you smile with your teeth showing?" ? ? ? Wouldn't that be a rude thing to say? Sure it was, just like teasing someone for NOT smiling with their teeth.

F*** toothy smiles, the next person that says something in person is going to get an earful (or maybe a toothfull???) from me. I started to go off on someone a few months back at work but I reigned myself in. Next time I'm going to recite this post from memory.

Hey, just be yourself man.

If you don't show teeth when you smile then you don't show teeth when you smile. That's who you are. Better that, than someone who fakes it and shows the world a false face just to conform.
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    F*** toothy smiles
    Does that even apply to toothy Mighty GrinsTM?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Thanks SK for the pep talk.

No Chux, I'm sorry for not making what should have been an obvious disclaimer. If I had green tentacles sprouting from my melon, I'd be Kit Fisto-ing it up.

I used to never smile with my teeth showing, but then I had braces and now I've got great teeth.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

yea toothy smiles are best, I looked at a few pics of you and it is annoying, smile dammit!
    Order66

excellent traders; Val Da Car, Dark Marble, Commtech and info from KidHuman
    Looking for: Master Replicas Darth Maul .45 scale full lightsaber & a 12" Grievous

If it annoys you, I'll delete my posts with any pics.

speaking of annoying...

I'm kidding relax guy, some people are so sensitive, maybe its your smile,
    Order66

Looking for: Master Replicas Darth Maul .45 scale full lightsaber & a 12" Grievous

Uhhhh, I wasn't being sensitive, I'm having a laugh here. Some people are sensitive, and some people are too dense to know the difference, it appears.

Sensitive would be you flipping out over CaptainSolo posting his obvious opinion and then your need to point out the obvious to him, that it is just his opinion.

thanks I appreciate your kind words, i was joking again
    Order66