Thread: Paths To Glory

Paths To Glory

This will probably be the oldest movie I start a thread about.

In my quest to learn about World War One, I bought this one based on its award recommendations and a glowing report or two from some of you.

It's a black and white film starring Kirk Douglas (yeah, that's "Romancing the Stone and Basic Instinct's Michael Douglas' father - and they look and sound exactly alike).

Douglas Sr. plays a lawyer turned combat officer in the French army that's locked in combat in the trenches with the Germans.

A superior officer looking to advance his career, orders an ill-fated charge against "the Ant Hill" (a fortified German location) and many of the men are slaughtered by machine guns. Those that survive to retreat are lucky that they did - however the superior commander wants to execute 3 to set an example against acting cowardly. Kirk Douglas' characer returns to his law profession to defend them in a military court martial.

There's plenty of combat on the battlefield and in the courtroom to make me see why this film is so highly acclaimed. It's only a 1 1/2 hour movie as well - but you're seriously swept along for the ride.

I want to thank the guys who recommended it and encourage you to watch and discuss it. Good picture.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Sounds like a good movie there Tycho, I'll have to look into renting/getting it now. Thanks!

I think the title is "Paths of Glory"
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Quote Originally Posted by JON9000 View Post
    I think the title is "Paths of Glory"
    You would be correct. I'll see if I can still edit my post, if not I'll request Mod-help here.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

UPDATE: ATTENTION MODERATORS - could you change the title of this thread to PATHS OF GLORY?

Thank you. The powers that be will no doubt get a kick out of my needing their help on something.