Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

The Count of Monte Cristo

Hey has anyone seen this movie yet. I went and saw it last night. It was really good. Jim Caviezel was excellent and so was Guy Pierce. It was very true to the book, at least as much as I can remember. Anyone else see it? What did you think?
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

I really enjoyed it. Guy Pierce did an outstanding job of making me loathe the character.

What kind of reviews has it been getting? I have a feeling that it will be shamefully overlooked by many.

I haven't seen any reviews for it yet, though it ought not to get overlooked. It could have a possibliity of being up for an academy award, but then again I guess we'll have to see what else comes out this year. So far, from what we've seen this year, it is a good contender. My best guess though is that it will get overlooked come golden globe and oscar time, just like Memento because it was released to early in the year.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

I saw it on Friday and thought it was excellent. It's my type of movie. If this doesn't make Jim Caviezel a star I don't know what will.

I haven't seen it yet,but I plan to. That and Black Hawk Down are on my list to see.
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."

Originally posted by SithDroid
    I haven't seen any reviews for it yet, though it ought not to get overlooked. It could have a possibliity of being up for an academy award, but then again I guess we'll have to see what else comes out this year. So far, from what we've seen this year, it is a good contender. My best guess though is that it will get overlooked come golden globe and oscar time, just like Memento because it was released to early in the year.
    Sadly, you were right.

I for one am disgusted that the DVD release is taking so long, it will be available on September 10th. That's 7 1/2 months after we talked about the movie in this thread.

Yeah, that was an awesome movie. I enjoyed every minute of it. I remember when I was watching it, I was thinking, "Man, I can't wait until this comes out on DVD."
    Padme wants some Jedi Juice!

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    I think it kind of fizzled at the end. The prison stuff was good and Michael Wincott is so freakin' cool he could be a ninja and kill everybody just by wailin' on a guitar, but the cliched "twist" about the son at the end was just "ugh". It might have been clever and original back when Dumas wrote it, but today its hackneyed and tired. I'll have to rent and watch the bonus goodies before I decide whether it deserves shelf space in my DVD collection. Right now, I'm leaning towards NOT.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

But E.P., you're the SSG king of DVDs !
    Surely a Guy Pearce vehicle such as this can get an exemption into your collection? No? Still renting? Okay.

Heck, I don't blame you . . . I've been pretty selective lately in DVD purchases. There are PLENTY out there that I WANT, but I've decided to only buy a few.

In any event, considering the wait on this title, the extras better be fantastic.

Yes this was one of the best movies I have ever seen!!! And the best in a while. Revenge is a dish served COLD. He definatley poured on the liquid nitrogen. I was thinking of myself in his shoes and that betraying friend as my enemies.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!