Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

The Adult Swim thread

I figure a catch-all for Adult Swim topics is in order now that our lives have been changed with the release of Metalocalypse.

Damn did that pilot kick ***, Dethklok RULES! Brendon Small of Home Movies fame really brought the heat with that one, I don't think there was a single moment where I wasn't blown away by how awesome that was - the jokes were hilarious, the parodies of metalheads were spot-on, and most stuff that makes fun of metal does it with crappy music but this was kick ***. I've already watched it twice on tape and once on Adult Swim Fix, I can't get stuff like:

"Skwisgaar Skwigelf - taller than a tree! Toki Wartooth - not a bumblebee! WILLIAM MURDERFACE, MURDERFACE, MURDERFACE! Pickles, the drummer - doodeley doo, ding dong doodeley doodeley doo! Nathan Explosion!"

and

"So you're telling me you put these little guys in boiling water and they shriek and they turn red and they die? That is the most metal thing I ever heard in my whole life! High five!"

and Hetfield & Kirk Hammett as the 2 wounded Dethklok fans, and Mark Hamill as the senator. And a million other great things.

I only wish the 2nd ep that was on Fix last night was anywhere near as good, Dethwater started great and had a few funny bits but was mostly flat like a lot of other Adult Swim lately.

Venture Bros has been uneven but funny lately, especially: IGNORE ME!!!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Tonight's Venture Brothers rocked. Loved Underbheit with his chamber that's like Vader's. Side note;G4 has Seth Green on Saturday on their show Icons. Just wish they had more about Robot Chiken.

I just started watching Ventire Brothers this season and I love it. That ingnore me was damn hilarious. Especially when they spoofed on the FF. Gotta love the Monarch.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by hamsterboy View Post
    Tonight's Venture Brothers rocked. Loved Underbheit with his chamber that's like Vader's. Side note;G4 has Seth Green on Saturday on their show Icons. Just wish they had more about Robot Chiken.
    Oh yeah, VB was great, the SW mixed in with it, Dean's "I am a boy adventurer, like my father before me!" was just right, not forced at all.

Quote Originally Posted by KH
    I just started watching Ventire Brothers this season and I love it. That ingnore me was damn hilarious. Especially when they spoofed on the FF. Gotta love the Monarch.
    Oh man, the Professor Impossible stuff ripping on FF has always been good, but last night's ep when they actually call it out, saying the family Impossible won for their group costume as the Fantastic Four, that was the bee's knees (and it only was funny if you knew who they were, great inside joke).

Metalocalypse was back on track, not as good as the pilot but a lot to really enjoy, and Murderface stuffing that balloon guitar down the rock & roll clown's throat... good times.

I'm getting back into Moral Orel, I really enjoyed them the first time around and not immediately jumping into reruns really paid off, they feel almost as fresh the second time around.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Ignore Me!!!!!!
    Meatwad Make The Money See ,Meatwad Get The Honeys G ,Drivin In My Car, Livin' Like A Star,Ice On My Fingers And My Toes And I'm A Taurus.

Nicely done, and an Mooninites 'tar to boot!

What's odd about the recent VB is that there was some core stuff I didn't really care for, specifically the use of Girl Hitler, Catclops, and Manic 8-Ball, none of which really worked for me compared to their original incredibly introduction and now-defunct demise in season 1. Yet the ep overall was good, it's a paradox I guess.

Venture Bros is a repeat tonight, but still funny as hell.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

metalocalypse is now the thing i look forward to all week. i thought this week's offering was hysterical but my favorite is william murderface's birthday. the first one was a tribute to the death metal lifestyle and had us laughing like maniacs.

for people who love every metal or death metal stereotype, this is a show that makes us laugh at every metal thing we ever said or did.

and the music is awsome!

Metalocalypse was really good last night, not quite as quotable as the pilot ep but really funny, Toki's catatonic state was too much, and the end scene with Murderface's grandpa... oh man. Unfortunately, it looks like Adult Swim may be putting it on hiatus temporarily, they're screwing up their schedule next week so bad it's hard to know when anything will be on - which reminds me, Korgoth of Barbaria was supposed to be on last night but got pushed back, it's on their AS Fix site now though.

Venture Bros had a lot of ups and downs, they got raunchy in a way they hadn't before, and the weirdness smacked of the ep's co-writer Ben "The Tick" Edlund. Also, and I hate to say this, but I think Jackson and Doc are starting to voice too many characters, they're all starting to sound alike, plus bringing in Dana Snyder again this week (he was the Alchemist in last week's "Fallen Arches") this time as the President eventually all I could hear was Master Shake (Snyder voices the ATHF character, and he does a fair job at not sounding like him in other roles but eventually it starts to creep in because of how prevalent Master Shake is). Brock had good lines but wasn't given anything to do and his original storyline petered out. Dr Venture I thought had the best stuff but even that was pretty slim. I dunno, I didn't dislike it but I couldn't give it thumbs-up either which means it's a weak entry for the series - I'll rewatch it soon and reevaluate.

Oh man, AS had some winners last night. The last Robot Chicken of the season (maybe ever) had some good moments, the mother and baby cracked me up the most (odd since it's a relatively small moment).

Although Metalocalypse was nearly perfect last week with the Murderface finding religion episode, this week's may not have been good but Toki going mad was awesome and then his Lisa Frank-meets-Metal fantasy video was too funny.

Moral Orel's second season has been fantastic, top notch hilarious all the way, last week's Figurelli episode was going to be tough to top but this week's episode "Love" with Orel finding a dog and then the townspeople killing the dog for spreading true love throughout was over the top hysterical.

So, in closing, watch more Metalocalypse or else!!!