Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Expelled from the Jedi Order?

Here's a question that's really been bugging me from AOTC lately....Anakin, Obi and Padme are chasing Dooku and Padme gets nocked out of the ship causing Anakin to freak out and demand the ship turn 'round.....you know the scene...

Obi threatens Anakin with expullsion from the Jedi order....why?

***What really bugs me is this: I take it Obi threatens him because he doesn't want to loose a chance to get Dooku before war really breaks out, even if that means leaving your pals behind....but a few moments later Yoda is caught in the same scenario: save friends and let Dooku escape or 'see it through.' Of course Yoda saves Obi and Anakin letting us have ROTS and the subsequent Original Trilogy....

Why was Anakin's plea so heinous and Yoda's choice unquestioned? Isn't the philosophy of a Jedi to 'let go' of those around you....after all, Yoda *****es Luke out for wanting to save Han in EPSB.....yet when Anakin calls for help he's bucked back into line (we can't assume Obi know Padme survived the fall can we?)....

???????
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

Hmm, that's an interesting point. I don't really have an answer, but it does feel like if I did it'd be an extension of this: http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=31934

If that were part of my answer, then I guess I'd also say "Obi-Wan perhaps was drawing a distinction between fellow Jedi and non-Jedi"

... but then I'd point out that it was Anakin's assigned task to PROTECT Padme at all costs and nothing else, a job given by the Jedi Council.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Normally, such an infraction would call for in-Order detention, or maybe a 5-day suspension if Yoda was in a crappy mood, but Anakin had a history of blowing up cherry bombs in the lavatory and trying to look up Luminara's robes, so this would've been a "final straw."
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Yoda is the boss. He can do whatever he wants.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Do as I say not as I do
    Order66

excellent traders; Val Da Car, Dark Marble, Commtech and info from KidHuman
    Looking for: Master Replicas Darth Maul .45 scale full lightsaber & a 12" Grievous

As I say, you will do; as I do, you will not!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

, nice....
    Order66

excellent traders; Val Da Car, Dark Marble, Commtech and info from KidHuman
    Looking for: Master Replicas Darth Maul .45 scale full lightsaber & a 12" Grievous

I thought it was "Do or do not....I really don't give a damn Luke...."
    For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is.

Well what do you think Padme would do? She would do her doody.