Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Notices Showing Up for 12" Qui-Gon Jinn

Look out! It's a flood... of 12" Sideshow figures! Qui-Gon is coming in for a landing in the next 20 to 25 days, get those cards ready.

In the past month we've seen notices for Comic-Con Anakin as Vader Sith Apprentice (preordered April 28th), Bespin Han (February 10th), ROTS Obi-Wan (January 6th), Mace Windu (February 20th), and now the 5th Beatle joins the group - Qui-Gon Jinn (March 17th). That's right, Sideshow is now sending out "Estimated Arrival" notices on 12" Qui-Gon Jinn a scant 6 days after Mace and Obi-Wan's notices, Jinn will be arriving in their LA warehouse in the next 20 to 25 days, and at that point they'll start pre-authorizing credit cards getting him ready to ship out. If you need to make any changes to your order like address or card number, do so now so it doesn't interfere with your Qui-Gon figure shipping to you.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Haha. Some of you guys better come up with $330 or so pretty fast (I used an average of $66 per figure with tax, s&h).

I'm at about $198 myself - but for:

2 x Obi-Wan (SSE, and reg. ed. ordered through an online dealer)
    1 x Bespin Han Solo.

What amazes me is that I'd have supposed that Star Wars collectors are a cheap lot. If too much is being asked for all at once (aside from Midnite Madness events), SW collectors won't fork out a lot.

It seems that as interest in much of what Hasbro offers is drying up for the moment (and only for the moment before you guys all start crying for Galactic Marines next year) - people buy other toy lines (POTC, Cars, etc)

There is a growing attraction to premium Star Wars brands: MR, Code-3, Gentle Giant, SSC, etc. - but anything to keep money out of your bank accounts and smarter investments, and more into your collectibles.

It will be interesting to see how many here cancel SideShow orders because it is too much all at once. - And don't forget Jabba the Hutt!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

People have been preordering these 12"ers since before Hasbro's TSC line even came out, it's just a higher quality of collectible. As less and less collectors play with their figures, Hasbro's product shows its failings more and more - their premium Vintage-style figures are the best they can do and still fairly lackluster compared to Gentle Giant and Sideshow and such.

Collectors aren't that cheap, look at the midnight madness stuff - I think the question is the "specialness" of these things, as Hasbro's product gets less and less special, people don't want to jump in as much.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The only thing I have a problem is that they are all coming at the same time. We didn't pre-order all of them like that and I think SSC should hold on to them for a while longer and spread them out. They should try to be a bit more consistent about 1 per month. The way they are doing this makes it harder on me and I'm sure on others as well. I don't rack up credit cards like a lot of people do. If I don't have the $ I don't buy it. It wont hurt SSC to hold on to one figure for 2 weeks. You would think that SSC had better control of the operations over Seas, but I guess not. Maybe SSC warehouse isn't big enough to do what I ask.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

After Qui-Gon I'm gonna be selective about which Sideshow 12" figures I'm going to get. I passed on Boussh Leia, Jabba and Bib.

Holding out for Palpatine, Fett, Dooku, and etc.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Did you pass because of the cost, or you just don't like them?
    (Like my posts)

I really like them. The cost isnt an issue but SPACE is. Unfortunatly, they all come in large boxes which require room that I am really, really running out of.

As far as space goes, I'm at the bursting point.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayspawn View Post
    I really like them. The cost isnt an issue but SPACE is. Unfortunatly, they all come in large boxes which require room that I am really, really running out of.

As far as space goes, I'm at the bursting point.
    Oh I hear you on that. I think anyone that has been collecting from 95 is having the same problem. Things are going to change around here. My collection is going to be thinned out. Hasbro is going Bye Bye. Not all, but a lot. So, you say these items come in big boxes and you don't have room. Are you telling us you don't open your SSC figures? I hope that's not what you are saying. When Jabba comes home, he's going to have a special place just for him out of the box.
    (Like my posts)

I opened Sideshow's Luke and Anakin. Havnt gotten around to opening Kit yet. Since display space is limited now, those 2 will go back in the box to make room for Obi-Wan, Han, Mace and now Qui-Gon!

The main reason I passed on Sideshow's Jabba (although he does look incredible) is because I already have Illusive Concepts Jabba which is the same size and equally impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayspawn View Post
    The main reason I passed on Sideshow's Jabba (although he does look incredible) is because I already have Illusive Concepts Jabba which is the same size and equally impressive.
    Equally impressive? I have to dissagree. I believe SSC version blows Illusives away, but that just my opinion. No hard feelings. I was looking to buy one before SSC's came out. Have you thought about buying the throne? Oh wait, isn't Illusives glued to the base?
    Last edited by Turbowars; 08-16-2006 at 11:03 PM. Reason: because I felt like it.
    (Like my posts)