Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fanzoids

What did you think of the political turmoil involved with the counting down line? I thought it was funny/scary that some people waiting in line were told by others that they would have to pool their tickets and take care of everyone by seniority first.

Part of MY motivation for waiting in line for many hours on May 18th 1999 was so that some of my friends could see it on opening day at midnight. Then again, I didn't wait in line for 42 days, so what do I know ?

Yes, the deal with the 2 conflicting lines and what not was rather funny.
    One other thing comes to mind about Fanzoids that made it funny was the girl with the X-Wing Toyota.
    This chick rides in what looks like a Toyota Tercel or Corolla which is painted grey, red, and black and is supposed to look like an X-Wing. Wow, she is unique.
    Perhaps what cracked me up more than anything was when she was riding down the street and a pedestrian was on the sidewalk and gave her that "I want to look but I dont want to look", uh look.
    Funny stuff, but still I say the avid collector and "making the run" was the funniest.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Originally posted by JangoFett96
    This chick rides in what looks like a Toyota Tercel or Corolla which is painted grey, red, and black and is supposed to look like an X-Wing.
    She even painted red bars on the side to distinguish it as Luke's Red Five !

She had a fair idea with the whole X-Wing car thing, but its really not practical. I mean why not get something with more size than a small Toyota? It would have looked alot better if it was a large truck or SUV. The Toyota isnt very becoming to the X-Wing idea.
    Another thing....
    You know when the collector is making his run, when he speeds off in his car, he makes the comment about only dealing in cash. I believe the quote was "you're gonna have some register time."
    Did you notice the way he said that plus his facial expression was just hillarious!! I cracked up so hard the way he said that and the way he nodded his head and smiled. What a riot. I watched that about 10 times in a row, just dying laughing. That dude is a trip. I bet he would be fun to go on a run with.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester

Originally posted by JangoFett96
    That dude is a trip. I bet he would be fun to go on a run with.
    It IS fun to go with others! I've brought noncollecting friends along on some quick runs, and the reactions have been varied . . . but they usually always include a reaction to my madness

That "register time" line is great . . . . how true !

I didnt say that I didnt take friends with me on my run, Caesar

I just think it would be a trip to go with this guy because he certainly does have things planned out.
    And as an added bonus I could hear him say the "register time" line.

I know, I was just seconding the notioning of going on toy hunts with other people. My bit about taking friends along would be the complete opposite of going with this guy - like you said, he is very speedy and works with a plan (allowing for register time) whereas when I take non SW fan friends, they are almost disgusted by the speed I use in the hunt.

Sorry for the confusion

So when are we going on a run Caesar?

I'm actually going tomorrow ! (today ). My main bounty is a clearanced Aurra Sing Masterpiece. I'll be doing a QUICK in an out of the local WaldenBooks, hopefully there will be "register time", 'cause I scored my prize

Then I'm hitting Wal-Mart, K-Mart, and Target all within a 25 minute period, hoping to find some preview figures, but I'm not too hyped for those. Then I'm off to Best Buy for a quick DVD purchase. I think I'll skip TRU, it's a pretty depressing place

Sounds like youve got it all planned out!! Thats cool because you know how important that "register time" is.
    Hope you find some good stuff.
    Let me know what you get.