Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fanzoids

I used to be a real bloodhound, one to make that guy from Starwoids very proud In college, whenever I had a 2 - 3 hour break between classes, I used to go on lightning fast jaunts making huge scores. I always bought for myself and two friends, and since we bought two of everything . . . well, you get the point. It got to be pretty crazy, whenever I found a new wave of 4 figures, that meant I had to haul 24 pieces to the registers.

But now I'm retired. In the past year I purchased only 3 pieces. But the memories are sweet

I think it's funny that I never noticed I was the only person not in the AARP age range until I walked almost the entire length of the mall

Recently I have been making alot of late night runs, rather than during the day. I have been more successful when I go late at night. I guess it is partly a result of late night stocking at Wal Mart.
    Last Friday when I got my first set of preview figures it was at 11:30pm.
    Then this past Monday I went to another 24 hr Wal Mart around 11pm and scored another whole set.
    At least in my area the variety is better in the evenings.
    It is odd, but at least it works.
    So tonight I am going out for a late night "Jedi Starfighter run."
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Jang96, any luck on that Jedi Starfighter? I had success myself Friday afternoon when I found a stash of those Aurra Masterpieces at a different Waldenbooks. But still no luck on the AOTC preview waves. No Starfighter sightings either.

I hope to watch Starwoids again on Sunday . . . I should have some more bits to discuss

I watched Trekkies for the first time last night!

Wolfy, I now know what you meant by how the film does not just include the really crazy fans. They did show some normal dedicated fans who do the costumes and conventions, but they also showed some frightening scenarios.
    The lady who was dismissed form the Whitewater jury - That's cool that she wants to wear her uniform in public, but even when she doesn't wear it, she still wears her tricorder, communicator badge, and a few other pieces. She said she never wants her club members to be ashamed to wear their uniforms so she always represents. Then she equated it with other (meaning "real") military personnel who wear their uniforms in public. BIG difference !

Trekkies is the bomb!!
    I always get a kick out of watching it. Kind of makes me feel more normal. It seems the fans on Trekkies "outweird" the fans on Fanzoids.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester

Is there anybody with a cooler voice in sci-fi than Nimoy or Takei?
    (Maybe JE Jones)

I liked how they had some interviews with cast members, and on top of that I was surprised at Brannon Braga's youth. Not that I knew anything about him, I just assumed he was an older guy.

I'm not sure what to make of the Trek Dentist. Though I find it ironic that there was a big R2-D2 (garbage can maybe?) as well as the R2 & 3PO coin bank.

Gotta run, I have to take a "Brent break" and look at Brent Spiner's house. Well, it's actually the top of the hill that his house is at the bottom of that I'll be looking at.

Remember Gabriel, who was showing off his collection in his room? Did you notice all his POTF2 figures he had? I guess they couldnt say anything about that-wrong documentary.
    The Trek dentist was a little odd. I get the feeling the receptionists didnt like the outfits or the atmosphere.

Ah yes, Gabriel - he was quick to point out his minor "quibbles" with his new costume. I just did a web search on his fan film Star Station Nemesis, but I could not find any info. I wonder what he's doing now . . .

I'm perplexed by the school of Klingon language.

Gabriel is also the Star Trek geek on Comedy Central's "Beat the Geeks." I saw him on there the other day and I died laughing. When I saw him all I could think about was his antics on "Trekkies." He definately was a great part of the film.

I thought his dad was cool. Clearly not into Trek, but he supported his kid's hobby and helped him out with it.