Exclamation Ep.2 Pilot Variaton/error(?) And chronic Clone Trooper yellowing.

I just received my 2 ep.2 clone pilots from an abay seller and one of them had a fully painted scowl on his helmet and the other didn't have a fully painted one and i was wondering if it was an error or variant. oh and i was wondering, its a little off topic but, my arc trooper form the hunt for greivous battle packs is turning neon yellow under his kama, and my clone pilots are turning neon yellow at the belt down. any help stopping this and info would be greatly appreciated.

May The Force Be With You.
    Doc: "I'm a medic,not a doctor."
    Tucker: "Whats the difference?"
    Doc: "A doctor cures people, a medic just makes them more comfortable, while they die."
    Palpatine:"Exacute an Order 5 with a diet coke."

Quote Originally Posted by COMMANDERCODY2795 View Post
    its a little off topic but, my arc trooper form the hunt for greivous battle packs is turning neon yellow under his kama, and my clone pilots are turning neon yellow at the belt down. any help stopping this and info would be greatly appreciated.
    Um i bought mine from TRU.com and mine are fine. Did you purchae this on ebay as well? Maybe the seller custumed some fakes ones or something.Cause thats kinda wierd. The only thing i ever had happen was i have a EP I palpatine where the bubble is kinda yellow cause of the sun.

To answer your first question, it is neither an error or a variant. It's just a less than perfect paint application. The only figures you see painted perfectly are the ones at the conventions and toy shows. All in all, I think Hasbro does a pretty good job decorating our little pieces of plastic but if you look hard enough, probably every figure in all our collections differ ever so slightly in some way or another. (Okay I already thought of an exception, the holographic figures that were molded in a solid color are probably identical across the board.)

The yellowing can be from many things. The already mentioned sun exposure is one. Different chemicals can react and cause the plastic to discolor (everything from smoke to airfresheners or smog, or fumes from cleaners, etc. can take their toll over time.) It's been noted elsewhere that even keeping your figures in the packaging doesn't help. The plastic of the bubble slowly degrades and can cause discoloration over time. Unfortunately, different lots of plastic seem more prone to discoloration than others (more impurities and not just the cabron-hydrogen repeats they should be in most cases) so your trooper held under identical conditions could yellow while someone else's does not.

ok, but im looking more closly and the neon on my clones goes on and off, hey turn neon yellow when outside and then turn white again inside like nothing happened
    Doc: "I'm a medic,not a doctor."
    Tucker: "Whats the difference?"
    Doc: "A doctor cures people, a medic just makes them more comfortable, while they die."
    Palpatine:"Exacute an Order 5 with a diet coke."