View Poll Results: Do you have any fears about Episode II: Attack of the Clones?

Voters
628. You may not vote on this poll
  • "No, I have complete faith."

333 53.03%
  • "I have certain concerns about this movie."

266 42.36%
  • "Yes, this film is not going to work."

29 4.62%
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thumbs up ep ii

all ihave to say is stop whining like a bunch of school girls with sraped knees! if you are a star wars fan then ep ii will be alright! just think only 4 years 'til the boxed set!!!

I'm trying to lull myself into a state of casual disinterest for EP2. This way my expectations will be as neutral as possible, not too hopeful so I won't be let down and not too negative that I overlook the cool stuff.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Originally posted by Casual George
    You ain't seen nothing yet. Mark my words these next two films are going to blow your mind through the back of the theatre walls!
    I sure the hell hope so!! E1 was very disappointing. Carbon freezing JarJar would be a great idea!! One of my biggest concerns is how Lucus plans on doing the transition from the highly aerodynamic ships to the blockly ships that we know and love from E4,5,and 6. Lucus is a great guy so I hope he give us a great movie!!
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

I have a few concerns, but nothing earth shaking - unlike my negative feelings for Ep 1 before it came out. The Yoda thing does have me uneasy, and I'm not sold on Hayden's acting, those 2 spring right to my mind.

One thing that worries me that isn't about the film itself though is this need for some folks to spout the party line as if they were Rick McCallum himself. It seems like some are adamantly furious about anybody who doesn't have 110% pure blind faith in Lucas and this movie. I'd rather be cautiously hopeful but expect less and be pleasantly surprised than be told I'm "not a fan" and my "attitude is too negative" by folks who know nothing more about the film than the rest of us.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

This poll seems like an invitation for a rumble.

I'm with JT on this (as usual). As a stand alone movie, I remain cautiously optimistic. As another piece of the prequel puzzle, it'll always be less than it could have been because of the pathetic foundation laid down by Episode I.

If I have any huge concerns at this point, one would be that Episode II appears to be more like a soap-opera than any kind of science-fiction or action or adventure movie that we all enjoy so much. Maybe the Danielle Steele audience will get into it this time.

Question

I am no excited at all.. It seems to me that Mr.Lucas should have stopped at ROTJ or continue after that movie... Just a thought.
    Classic Trilogy all the way!!!
    TK421, why are you not at your post? TK421 do you copy?
    great traders:
    Jonboy, lowly bantha cleaner,
    Forhekset

I just can't get myself into the whole "prequel" era. I have yet to see a character that I really like, and I think the special effects nowadays take too much away from the movie.

I look forward to seeing the movie, but it isn't my life's purpose at this point. There's too much of a difference between OT and what I've seen/read about the prequels, it almost seems like two different sagas in my mind.

I'm just worried that too many Special effects will over shadow the movie, as with most other sci-fi films released now, like E1. If I want to watch a cgi cartoon, I'll watch toy story. That's my biggest concern.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

I'm not too hyped to see it either. EP I was a bit of a let down and I just don't know about EP II. I'll go see it, but only after seeing Spiderman a couple of times. That is the movie that I'm looking forward to the most.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

I am looking foward to the movie.I also learned a long time ago to accept certain "Cute" characters as part of an attempt to appeal to a very broad audience.I really don't understand the harsh words concerning EP1.I can stand ewoks and even JarJAr Binks but the inclusion of Boba Fett into everything is a real stretch for me.Where's Han as a Boy.Chewie's 200 years old and a major Character in the OT (unlike scream like a girl Fett) where is he?At least a cameo, come on!! Maybe it's because I remember a world without VCRs.When We saw the OT it was once and wait years for the next one.I guess that mindset stuck because I still very much look foward to AOTC. Sorry Fett fans
    Bye to all.thanks for some good times.

Originally posted by Dryanta
    I am looking foward to the movie.I also learned a long time ago to accept certain "Cute" characters as part of an attempt to appeal to a very broad audience.I really don't understand the harsh words concerning EP1.I can stand ewoks and even JarJAr Binks but the inclusion of Boba Fett into everything is a real stretch for me.Where's Han as a Boy.Chewie's 200 years old and a major Character in the OT (unlike scream like a girl Fett) where is he?At least a cameo, come on!! Maybe it's because I remember a world without VCRs.When We saw the OT it was once and wait years for the next one.I guess that mindset stuck because I still very much look foward to AOTC. Sorry Fett fans

Don't feel alone. I think that the inclusion of the Fett Family is ridiculous and is nothing more than an attempt to appeal to fan's, who fell in love with a B character, sense of nostalgia. That whole storyline is a huge negative for me. The understanding in the '80's was that these guys called Mandalorian's or something, were a band of bad guys who helped wipe out the Jedi. Years later, a renegade bounty hunter used PIECES of the Mandalorian's armor to construct his own bad a s s uniform. Now it's nothing more than a hand-me down complete go-to-work costume along with dear ol' dad's hand-me-down spaceship. Gimme a break.