View Poll Results: Do you have any fears about Episode II: Attack of the Clones?

Voters
628. You may not vote on this poll
  • "No, I have complete faith."

333 53.03%
  • "I have certain concerns about this movie."

266 42.36%
  • "Yes, this film is not going to work."

29 4.62%
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    http://www.sirstevesguide.com/vbport...?threadid=3242

I bet the reason for the smooth ships in the prequels and more blockiness in the OT is because, well the Clone Wars were a dark time. There was mass destruction. Its kinda like the prequels are Roman/ Greek times, then the clone wars part of it is like total war, uncivilized, loss of knowledge and lack of care, the same with the OT. Its all after a huge war, where all records and the glory ofthe republic is gone. The empire was more militaristic than the republic, so beuatiful designs didnt matter. They probably destroyed all the pretty republic and supporters stuff, and for example the royal naboo ship, well the empire took control and nobody had royal wealth. With all the war going on, people couldnt buy nice stuff, and wanted some muscle in thier ship for smuggling, skirmishes, etc. The old production corporations were gone and now new Imperial era companies were producing stronger mor warlike designs for the new direction the galaxy was taking. Let me know what you think. Post here, email me rogue9@attbi.com, or else AOL is CorranHorn328
    "Impossible is what Rogues do best."
    -Corran Horn

I think you hit the nail on the head, Corran Horn. Technology doesn't necessarily move forward at a constant rate. There are multitudes of events and catastrophes which could send us back to the middle ages, even now. Being that we've lived in a time of prosperity and amazing technological progress all of our lives, it's a little hard for us to look outside of our own little realm of experience and see that things were not always this way.

Originally posted by CaptainSolo1138
    Why not? She's half plastic already! Uh, that was pretty bad. She'd come with a voice chip so she could whine and complain every time you wanted to sit down and actually make her useful for something besides looking at. And then she'd demand she be packed with a Justin Timberlake end table. Wow, I bet even Seventeen magazine hasn't been able to use Justin Timberlake's name and the word "end table" in a sentence! I rule. Lance Bass Entertainment center!
    Here, I can rule too: I want to see Samuel L Jackson hit Justin Timberlake in the head with an end table.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The force is strong with this one. I officially give the "rule" title to you, JediTricks!

I agree with JT and stilakid. I don't think it's going to be good BEFORE I go see it. I'll think it's good (or not)AFTER I see it. But the more and more spoilage that gets dropped (like the sections of script around the forums) the more I think I like what I'm gonna see. More political intrigue. More levity. More ambiguous overtones. It might even make Episode I more tolerable.

No fears.

It's going to be great I think. With Jango Fett and Boba Fett, and perhaps Palpatine declares himself Emperor here? I Like it. It would be a TON better if Lucas ha gone through the novels like Zahns and used people like Garm Bel Iblis, Joruus C'Boath, etc. Perhaps we will see a man in the background of a scene with palpatine where there is a man who matches C'Boath's features? And if he wanted to get a major movie going, he could ad Thrawn. Heck, I'm gonna start a new thread about EU movies. Go find it.
    "Impossible is what Rogues do best."
    -Corran Horn

Despite what I have seen I still have doubts about AOTC. I think Lucas will try to put too much in the film leading to people coming away indifferent as they never get to know the characters before the next big action sequence.

The whole issue of reveling Boba Fetts past has the potential to go badly wrong. BobaFetts appeal seems to be built on his mysterious past. If all this is explained I think his appeal with disapear or be badly damaged.

I think I'll reserve my opinion till I've seen the film as nowadays they can make a trailer sell any film (see Battlefield Earth as an example). But from TPMs example I'm not overconfident.

Thumbs up

I don't think I will have any problems with EP2. Here's why, and please bear with me.

EP1 was exactly what I had expected and I enjoyed every minute of it, inclueding Jar Jar. If you think he was annoying think of Luke's constant whining in ANH. This is what a lot of people forgot about TPM. ITS THE FIRST CHAPTER IN A BOOK!!!! Whenever you read the first couple chapters in a book they are BOREING!! They are doing character development and setting the rest of the story up. EP1 did the same thing. The only differance is that all of us skipped to the middle, read about 200 pages and then decided to go back and start from the begining. This is by no means our fault. It was Lucas's idea to do it this way. So we all know that Anakin becomes Vader, we know just how evil Palpatine is, and we know good will conquer evil in the end. What we didn't know is how it all got started. WE have now gone back to the begining of the book, and began anew.

As far as the technology I read briefly about and how EP1 looks all great with its shipp and what not. In EP1 everyone had money, the Senate was in control(sorta) and the Empire was no where to be found(yet). After Palpatine takes over, destroys the Senate and gives the intire cosmos a galactic wedgie no one has much money. Everyone dumped their resources into the Clone Wars. So when everything get back to "normal" after the war, people still need to make a living. So they scrounge up what leftovers there are, make modifacations, and voila, you have the junky looking ships we have all come to love. Besides, how much funds do you think the rebellion had first starting up? SQUAT!! So they build their ships out of whatever was laying around and hoped it worked.

I just hope that everyone remembers these points and before you go blasting another SW movie b/c it does not live up to the standards set by the trilogy. That was one of the thinks I hated in other boards I was involved in. Everyone blasted EP1 because it was not the trilogy. DUH!
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

Originally posted by Dar' Argol
    I don't think I will have any problems with EP2. Here's why, and please bear with me.

EP1 was exactly what I had expected and I enjoyed every minute of it, inclueding Jar Jar. If you think he was annoying think of Luke's constant whining in ANH. This is what a lot of people forgot about TPM. ITS THE FIRST CHAPTER IN A BOOK!!!! Whenever you read the first couple chapters in a book they are BOREING!! They are doing character development and setting the rest of the story up. EP1 did the same thing. The only differance is that all of us skipped to the middle, read about 200 pages and then decided to go back and start from the begining. This is by no means our fault. It was Lucas's idea to do it this way. So we all know that Anakin becomes Vader, we know just how evil Palpatine is, and we know good will conquer evil in the end. What we didn't know is how it all got started. WE have now gone back to the begining of the book, and began anew.

As far as the technology I read briefly about and how EP1 looks all great with its shipp and what not. In EP1 everyone had money, the Senate was in control(sorta) and the Empire was no where to be found(yet). After Palpatine takes over, destroys the Senate and gives the intire cosmos a galactic wedgie no one has much money. Everyone dumped their resources into the Clone Wars. So when everything get back to "normal" after the war, people still need to make a living. So they scrounge up what leftovers there are, make modifacations, and voila, you have the junky looking ships we have all come to love. Besides, how much funds do you think the rebellion had first starting up? SQUAT!! So they build their ships out of whatever was laying around and hoped it worked.

I just hope that everyone remembers these points and before you go blasting another SW movie b/c it does not live up to the standards set by the trilogy. That was one of the thinks I hated in other boards I was involved in. Everyone blasted EP1 because it was not the trilogy. DUH!

You've missed the point of the "whining" about EP I. Yes, we know how it all ends up, but TPM was a poorly written story with many inconsistencies within itself as well as with the remainder of the previously told storyline. Also, as the first "book" of the series, it is under no requirement to be boring or dull just because there might be some exposition requirements. If you take some time to read the many insightful discussions concerning TPM in the numerous other threads, then you'll see that most of us don't shoot from the hip just to cut something down. There are countless well thought out arguments concerning this issue which in turn resulted in the need for this very topic about Ep II.

And yes, we all understand how the peaceful galaxy had clean lines and such, but then turned "junky" during the war. That's really no secret and hasn't been since the mid-80's.