Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Three Titanium 3" repaint waves in a row

Waves 11 and 12 are the latest waves we have listings for, both are repaint waves which is a massive slowdown for the line IMO.

Wave 11:
    http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index...._articleid=192

Wave 12: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index...._articleid=258

Out of all of those, the only one I'm totally sure I want is the blue Naboo Fighter, it looks good, the rest range from "if I find it I'll probably get it" to "why would I want that?!?" But I don't understand why Hasbro wants to slow the growing momentum of the line with a move like this.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    But I don't understand why Hasbro wants to slow the growing momentum of the line with a move like this.
    From Hasbro's standpoint, why not? They can make more money on re-paints and they know that most of us will buy them even though it's just a re-paint.
    I of course would like to see more "new" releases but at least this is better than re-releasing the Wal*Mart waves that most of us already had.
    To me different painted product is new product, If it's deliberately and obviously painted different than what I have on display, then I'll buy it.

I suppose it's a double edge sword, but by continuing to successfully sell the re-paints, it helps them to fund more tooling for new ships.

Quote Originally Posted by ascmclarencoupe View Post
    From Hasbro's standpoint, why not? They can make more money on re-paints and they know that most of us will buy them even though it's just a re-paint.
    That's the thing though, they "know" that most of us will buy repaints? This line is anything but a sure thing at this point, it's an experiment that's going well but it's still not even remotely a lock, every new release affects the growing momentum of the line. I love the line, but this is 3 or 4 months' worth of product basically and that means folks who aren't down with the repaints will be NOT collecting the line for over a quarter of a year - that's a move that has killed better lines than this, and if they pegwarm (which is more likely with repaints) there will be no room for new entries in a few months when they finally get back to it. I have no problem peppering case asst's with old ships and repaints, but to forego new vehicles for 2 full waves seems like folly to me.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I have no problem peppering case asst's with old ships and repaints, but to forego new vehicles for 2 full waves seems like folly to me.
    Ok, I see your point now and I will agree with that. They should at least release one new ship in each wave. It would also give us collectors a better chance against the scalpers instead of releasing several new ships in one wave.

I dont know if I will be getting all the repaints, I do want the Naboo fighter and the swap speeder and Y-wing. The rest I might pass on. I have to get the droid fighter as I missed the first go round on it.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I'm sorta with JT on this...but I do wonder if that means stores will be FORCED to get their old stick out so that they can get these latest waves.

The Titanium Transformers are clogging the Titanium pegs here, though...so it could be a while before we see any of either of these waves. At least they won't be "rare," thank goodness, and there's a good bet that Wave 10 Revision 4 will be shipping concurrently that will have the Mace Windu JSF and Leia Speederbikes in them (along with the new BSG's).

I'll take the 3 months and catch up if I can/need to

I will get a snowspeeder. I don't believe I have one yet, but some of the repaints I will probably have to pass on.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

While I believe it is lame to have 2 whole waves of repaints but I will pick them all up. I don't see why I wouldn't get these when I picked up those 5 packs. The second wave looks better than the first probably due to the blue Naboo fighter.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

The blue a-wings and sandcrawlers are already backing up here. Also, I agree with Warstar that the Transformer titaniums are going to hurt this line. There are pegs and pegs of them all over the place around here (it's kind of like the unleashed battlepacks earlier this year.)

There are several repaints in the upcoming waves I'd like to get, but I think many of them are going to sit around for a while.

Looks like it could be 3 waves in a row, I dunno if this is wave 13 or not but it's the next wave of TS 3" pics we've gotten in a row:
    http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index...._articleid=265

3 repaint waves in a row is pretty much from September to March of next year unless they start kicking up the pace faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Warstar View Post
    I'm sorta with JT on this...but I do wonder if that means stores will be FORCED to get their old stick out so that they can get these latest waves.
    It depends on how they interpret the "new" aspect of these, my guess is wave 11 and 12 there being even-packed means they're the first 2007 cases and retailers are going to be encouraged to see it as next year's product (this is why Hasbro changes the action figure packaging so often).

The Titanium Transformers are clogging the Titanium pegs here, though...so it could be a while before we see any of either of these waves.
    Only Target is having that issue, TRU and WM in my area know better. The Transformer Titanium 3"ers ship in their own cases separate from SW/BSG cases, orders of the TF ones should not be affecting orders of the SW/BSG ones, but Target is low on shelf space and/or understanding that these are separate lines and is putting all their product together.

At least they won't be "rare," thank goodness, and there's a good bet that Wave 10 Revision 4 will be shipping concurrently that will have the Mace Windu JSF and Leia Speederbikes in them (along with the new BSG's).
    That would make them rare unless the earlier product is moving, if the line is bottlenecking then Mace's JSF (which I totally forgot was also in that wave) and Leia's Speederbike will be rare. Moreover, Mace's JSF and Leia aren't in waves 11 or 12 at this point.

I'll take the 3 months and catch up if I can/need to
    The more it backlogs, the longer we'll have to wait to find 'em and the more chance the line will fold.