Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey Hasbro! What does "The Blue Dot" mean?

SO!

Interesting thing happened tonight. My Wal-Mart finished their Christmas plano-gram reset and a whole new case of Titaniums were out! Someone got there before me, as there was only 1 TIE Interceptor to be found, but I digress.

A couple of days ago, I received my Shadow Stormtroopers from StarWarsShop.com, and on the bottom of both of the factory sealed figures there was a blue dot near the UPC. Just a plain old sticker inserted on the cards inside the sealed packages and star case. I thought nothing of it.

Tonight, on a couple of the Titaniums, the blue dot appeared, and the ones with blue dots not only had their Date Stamps on different parts of their cards they had minor paint variations.

So I'm wondering- what does this blue dot mean? Has any one else found Hasbro Star Wars items with this dot?

My next couple of posts will show this dot on my opened Shadow Stormtrooper card (attached to this post), as well as my Super Star Destroyers.

The one with a DARK slide tab attached to the standard Star Destroyer has NO blue dot, and the Date Stamp is located on the bottom right of the card back. The one WITH the blue dot has a LIGHT slide tab (painted differently), and the Date Stamp is in a different place. I circled the Date Stamps in the last pic of the SSD backs here.

Observe- then we'll talk A-Wings.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BlueDotShadowStorm.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	14419   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BlueDotSSDLIGHTslider.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	17.2 KB 
ID:	14420   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NOBlueDotSSDDARKslider.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	17.1 KB 
ID:	14424   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BlueDotvsNoBlueDotSSD.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	14425   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BlueDotvsNoBlueDotSSDdatestamps.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	75.6 KB 
ID:	14426  

The Blue A-Wings had significant variations, too. My old closed one had hardly any brown detail paint on it, while the one I got tonight with the dot had LOTS- significantly more. Check it out.

(Notice the difference in brown on the thrusters especially- also the red lines near the cockpit are slightly different between the 2- one hads longer, thinner lines- like both the one pictured here and my opened one)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NOBlueDotAwingLIGHT.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	26.2 KB 
ID:	14427   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NOBlueDotAwingLIGHTback.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	41.9 KB 
ID:	14428   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BlueDotAwingDARK.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	14429   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BlueDotAwingDARKback.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	14430  

So, what do these blue dots mean? Different factory? Marked shipments?

Any theories?

I know it's a minor MINOR thing, but it is making me curious

you're imagining things, Warstar! there's nothing there at all

would you like us to vote on this as a question to ask hasbro? haha.

I'd be tempted to say YES IF more of these oddball blue dot stickers appear...

well, for what it's worth, none of these stickers have appeared on the packages i have.

The blue dot means Kmart Clearance prices. Blue Dot speacial anyone?
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Ha ha ha funny...that is, until it turns out that its some UBER-RARE production thing and everyone clamours to get them and they're faked on Ebay and that sell for THOUSANDS- no- BILLIONS of dollars and the world goes nuts for them! HEHAHAHAHAHA!

And by the "world" going nuts you of course mean warstar, correct?
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

No- the world revolves AROUND me- I'm not important enough to be the WHOLE world