Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Arrow Hey jeddah- TS B-Wing Pics HIGH RES (packaged)

DROOL!

Actually, I am kinda' impressed- most of the details are stencil-painted and not just an airbrush wash. All in all, I can't wait to get one to open (I have the one I will open on layaway since package condition isn't a concern )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tsbwingFRONT1.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	14431   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tsbwingside1.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	52.0 KB 
ID:	14432   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tsbwingside2.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	44.2 KB 
ID:	14433  

Muoy muoy! I love you. The paint does look nice, I just wish they'd do them in grey instead of blue. The studio prop in the Barbican SW exhibition was grey, not blue.

You’re right the detail is sweet. I like the tail section. What is the gun paint job like?

Jeddah
    (ps. Am I the only person who loves JJB?)
    eVerlasTing

Very nice pics WS, I cant wait to find these.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by jeddah View Post
    (ps. Am I the only person who loves JJB?)
    yes, jeddah, you are...

rj

The gun section is painted well, albeit it's unique to any version I've seen. Thing is, I REALLY think that this version is unique as far as paint jobs go, and I think it will look MUCH better out of the package...

...gotta get my layaway out for that though Gimme time

Picked it up on Saturday, it's pretty nice. The masked painting isn't that big a surprise to me, they mask off a lot of their paint work really. I'm glad they painted both sides of the ship, could have cheaped out like a lot of other versions where the details are only on the "top" side. On this TS3" version, my favorite work is the gold around the engine nozzles.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I got one today, it is very nice.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Picked it up on Saturday, it's pretty nice. The masked painting isn't that big a surprise to me, they mask off a lot of their paint work really. I'm glad they painted both sides of the ship, could have cheaped out like a lot of other versions where the details are only on the "top" side. On this TS3" version, my favorite work is the gold around the engine nozzles.
    I can't wait to see the engines then!

I was more happy that they didn't just use generic airbrush strokes (like the dark brown on the Blue A-Wings, for example) to give the B-Wing detail- they actually got VERY detailed with it, so that makes me happy

The brush strokes have the advantage of subtlety and fading in and out, the masking work is generally uniform in that respect - there's advantages to each.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I've seen maybe 6 B-Wings down here, and every single one of them has paint scratches on the inside of the plastic where the wing gun tips have rubbed against the bubble. Dammit!