Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I never liked the original Trek and I don't think highly of Shatner as anything other than a joke, so it worked for me to see him lampooned. I didn't see all of the Roast but there was some good stuff in there.

I thought the roast was really really funny, but they could have done a lot better of a roast with Shatner as the guest of honor and didn't quite deliver the smart stuff. Yeah yeah, we got it, Sulu is gay, did that really need to be every 3rd joke in the show? But I laughed so hard at some of that stuff, and George Takei giving Shatner the business was too much. I think they really need to get the hell away from Colin Quinn's Tough Crowd leftovers though, Lisa Lampinelli, Greg Giraldo, Arte Lange, and even Jeff Ross are all overused in these things.

One thing I did notice about this roast is that everybody on that dais seemed to really respect Shatner when all was said and done, that was cool, it's easy to dump on someone you think **** of, but it's a lot more interesting when you have looked up to the guy at some point in your lifetime.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Dane Cook's comment about Gina Gershon is still the funniest thing I've seen on any of these Roasts.

Agreed with JT about the comedian leftovers. These Comedy Central versions, while funny, seem of a lower quality than the Friar's Club Roasts that they used to air.

Really? We didn't have any other threads on the Comedy Central Roasts? And with their newest one for Charlie Sheen premiering tonight?
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

*crickets*
    *crickets*

So, does that mean that no one watched it or even cared it was on?

I cared, watched, and loved it. I've loved them all though. Anthony Jeselnik and Amy Schumer stole the show. I was glad they brought Anthony back from the alst one because he was the best one from that one. Seth McFarlane hosting really works for me. In the past they have used someone close to the roastee and that usually fails because they are not that funny. I believe they should also use only comedians and not stars. Kate Walsh and Mike Tyson had a few good lines, but they for the most part were not funny.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I watched it, took me a whole week to get through it in stops and starts. Just lame as hell, and this was easily the laziest set they've ever done. The dais largely sucked, actually it was Shatner who took the idea of the roast to heart the best. Charlie's speech at the end proved he didn't get it.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I haven't watched a single one since they stopped roasting legendary comedians and went with mostly flash-in-the-pan cretins. (Okay, Sheen isn't exactly a flash-in-the-pan, but the current fascination with him is, and he's definitely a cretin.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Just lame as hell
    Wow, that's pretty harsh. I thought the actual comedians were pretty good.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

The recent Rosanne roast was "eh," except for Gilbert Godfried.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega