Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Godfried was great. I thought Jeselnik was excellent. Carrie Fisher was surprisingly good.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

I forgot about Princess Lay-ya. She was sharp. Actually, Ellen Barkan was good, too. Most of the rest were just dull to me.
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Next week it's James Franco's roast. Not sure how excited I am for it (actually, I do know: not all that much).

So CC has been running some of the old roasts they've done (saw the Pam Anderson, Flavor Flav, Larry the Cable Guy, Trump ones this week). I recall David Hasselhoff, Shatner, Roseanne. Who else has been "burned" by basic cable D-listers? I'll take a scroll through memory lane in this thread to see... and, Charlie Sheen is added to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Next week it's James Franco's roast. Not sure how excited I am for it (actually, I do know: not all that much).
    Actually, since it was Labor Day and I'd finished reading the book I had and graded and recorded my student work, plus the fact that Pitt was getting blown out by FSU, I ended up watching this. And, for a CC roast, it wasn't bad. Some creative roasting by some, and not as vulgar as previous ones (notice I said AS vulgar; still plenty of negativity and awful topics, of course).

I thought it was great, but then again, I enjoy all of them. I thought Silverman was excellent. Andy Sanberg roast "interpretation" was hilarious, even though the jokes were lame. Johan Hill surprised me. I thought he would stink up the place, but he did really well. I was really worried about Hader because of how much he was over laughing to everything, but Mr. Hollywood was a great skit.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

A pretty good roast overall. I noticed Jeff Ross' name wasn't in the writers credits for the first time in the history of the CC roasts, I wonder if that had anything to do with the more balanced feel of the material.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.