Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Arctic Padme

Arctic Padme

First, who has any better pictures than the mono-color prototype sculpt that's been shown in the headline news? You can't tell anything from that picture so far - except I don't think it will turn out looking like Natalie Portman.

SideShow has said that they intend to make the figure (though it's EU) realistically styled. I assume that by doing so, they'll reuse Padme's head on future figures of her - thus they might be going with real rooted hair for Padme unlike what they did for Leia Boussh (sculpted plastic hair). Real hair can sometimes work for figures (FAO Slave Leia, IMO) and sometimes not (KB Toys Leia Boussh). Then you come into varrying degrees of quality control with it such as with Senator Leia Organa (ANH).

I'd actually prefer real hair only if they are going to quality-control production on Padme like has never been seen before. I don't remember at the moment whether Qui-Gon had rooted hair or sculpted. I'm thinking the latter though. If Padme figures from SS will have sculpted hair, they can still apply each sculpted hair piece to the same basic face they create for her.

Well anyway, the prototype head I see in blue, doesn't look like Natalie and it really doesn't look like Gennedy Tartovsky's cartoon character (which it's not supposed to).

My feelings about SideShow doing EU are this:

1) make new characters like Quinlan Vos and Mara Jade, Jacen and Jaina Solo, etc. - not movie characters that could have movie sculpts done of them. A SS Yuuzhan Vong could be incredible!!!

2) EU will never sell as well as movie-line figures, so they could be wasting their time, especially with one that didn't appear in the EU as they are producing her.

3) If a regular line Padme existed, not many would even consider buying this.

4) If this outfit is convertible to Padme's non-ripped Arena outfit (minus the snow coat and perhaps with an additional head (?) ) then it will be much more attractive.

As it stands so far, I have no plans to buy this figure, while I would buy other EU choices like Kir Kanos from SS.

Who plans to get Padme?
    Who plans to pass on Padme?
    Why?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    I'll pass...but I did vote for her.
    Why will you pass on her when you voted for her? Why did you vote for her anyway?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I still have yet to see a picture. I'll be the Natalie Portman judge!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Why will you pass on her when you voted for her? Why did you vote for her anyway?

I voted for her too, but am not going to buy it. Reason i voted for her was because I didnt like the other choices(EU). I dont do the SS line, a bit out of the price range for me. I would rather spend 50 bucks on a playset than a figure.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

So folks like you are why Mara Jade won't be first.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    So folks like you are why Mara Jade won't be first.

Ummm, yeah.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    What KH said.

I guess I could add that I told JimJam to vote for Padme, which he did, and he CERTAINLY will not be buying her, either.

I don't know if I'll get her or not. Right now I'm leaning towards not. I won't decide untill I see the final figure though. I'm generally not that big of an EU fan, but for some reason the "realistic" clone wars stuff has been on my list of stuff to get. I find that Hasbro CW stuff to be in that grey area of the EU where I like to wet my collecting feet. I got the Gunship from Hypori and the clones that go with it. I got Foul Moudama. I don't think I'll get Mace's starfighter, but I still might. I plan on getting the Battle pack with Illum Padme. As far as the Sideshow figure of Illum Padme goes, I'm sure it will look awesome, but I'm not sure I wanna go there with the Sideshow stuff. Padme might be a gateway to other EU figures that could hurt my wallet. I would definately rather they stick to just movie figures but they clearly are not going to do that.

I'm sorry if my answer is not definitive but I'm dazed and confused on this subject. I definately want to see the pictures of this figure though. I think it will look pretty good.
    Hating aurra sing since 1999.

As far as what I like to call the rubbish EU (Ithe EU I personally don't like) I will definately NOT get those figures if they make them. I will not be tempted to get rubbish like Mara Jade or a Yuzang Vong (or whatever those stupid alens are called) But then again it will be a non isuue for me. If they do make these figures, all the power to them. Some people like them and will get them, and for me it will be a relief of sorts to NOT get them (well, for my wallet anyways)
    Hating aurra sing since 1999.