Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Arrow Post #100! Minor landmark

This could go along with the "Star Wars Dreams" thread. I had a dream once where I was in some store and there was a huge glass case filled with SW toys and figures. This was before POTF2, so SW figures only meant Vintage. Anyway, a few weeks later I went to an antiques shop (Olde Towne Pomona, in So Cal), and there was an almost identical case filled with stuff. I actually got weak knees and had to pause a bit. That store took over $500 in pre-POTF2 money from me; all well-spent!
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

I think my greatest experience with that feeling was finding the CTC Stormtrooper. After drooling over that figure for over a year and never finding it, having dreams of finding it only to wake up feeling disappointed, it all came together at TRU last December. Having heard reports of the figure turning up on clearance, I turned the corner to find dozens of them just hanging there! I think my heart skipped several beats. Then I casually looked through the pegs, and found a CTC R2 hidden only by a single Vader! What a bonus! Not wanting to be too greedy, I only bought four troopers and the R2. Ten bucks. I was giggling in the car as I drove home. Positioning the troopers around Vader on my shelf was so cool. It was particularly sweet to tear the R2 open knowing how much they were going for on EBay. Aaah..... I will remember that night forever...