Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Episode IV: A New Hope - What Has Changed?

The official Star Wars site has a scene-by-scene comparison between the original and updated versions of "A New Hope"... 122 of 'em!

On September 12, the original theatrical version of Star Wars will be available on DVD, bundled as a bonus disc to the 2004 Special Edition of the movie, which will be available for the first time ever as an individual movie DVD.

Sharp-eyed fans can easily rattle off the most significant changes to the evolving film, but now with the 1977 incarnation preserved on DVD, they'll be able to more easily witness and compare the differences between the earliest and latest editions of the movie that started it all.

Sure, you know about rontos and Han shooting first, but did you notice the compositing improvements on the pyrotechnic shots and the desert sky replacements over the Dune Sea?

To better prepare yourself as the ultimate authority of the changes, the official Star Wars site presents a shot-by-shot guide to the visual differences between the 1977 film and the 2004 DVD.

Visit StarWars.com for the full article and visual guide.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

This is probably another one of those automatic threads. He made a front page article and the forums generated a forum thread.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

That is annoying as all hell.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

The changes to the movie or the automated threads ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    That is annoying as all hell.
    No, you know what's annoying as hell? That other thread with a dozen off-topic posts.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I 100% disagree with you JT.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    The changes to the movie or the automated threads ?

Automated threads.

So ummm, whatever happened to "Virtual Reality?"
    10 years ago it was everywhere. And now...
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    So ummm, whatever happened to "Virtual Reality?"
    10 years ago it was everywhere. And now...
    You must have taken the yellow pill. Therefore, you cannot tell the difference between "reality" and the virtual kind. BTW, things that are 10 years ago are, like, SO ten years ago...

My favorite SE change was the 7.4% angling of the console on the Death Star during the "moment of triumph" scene. That had been bugging me since I first saw it on the screen at the drive-in back in '78. Finally...

CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(