Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Woolworth's Vintage ESB Darth Vader

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index...._articleid=256

I didn't see this thread started yet. Anyone know the details on this item yet? UK exclusive? Needless to say, I have to have it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vader.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	76.2 KB 
ID:	14413  

Where are there still Woolworths?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

The last one around here closed up many years ago...wait, I'm thinking of Montgomery Ward - we didn't even have a Woolworth's here (that I am aware of? JimJam might know).

Oh well, I'm off to eBay to buy one for $50.

I thought they closed, too. But a quick search for Woolworths show that they are still open in the UK & Australia.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Nothing new here. This is the type of thing that made me happy to give up carded figures.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

Yeah, the more I looked at it, the more I realized it's nearly identical to the US release. Just seems to have a different "age" indicator in the upper right hand corner.

but it has that nifty sticker !

and it is missing the insert where the blister is still raised.

Eh, it's just something special for the Brits. I can easily pass on this guy as I've had him for two years already.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

The company is called The Venator Group in the US, unless it changed since I worked there a few years ago. It owns Woolworths, Foot Locker (and its spinoffs), Champs Sports, and a few others (I want to say San Francisco Music Box Company, Yankee Candle, and Bath & Body Works, but I'm not 100% sure). Shortly after I quit (it was a part-time job when I first moved to VA), they started converting all the Woolworths stores to huge-arse Champs and Foot Locker stores. Sensible? I never saw the logic.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

The F. W. Woolworth Company (often referred to as "Woolworth's") was a retail company that was one of the original American five-and-dime stores. The first Woolworth's store was founded in 1878 by Frank Winfield Woolworth. Despite growing to be one of the largest retail chains in the world through most of the 20th century, competition led to a decline beginning in the 1980s. In 1997, F. W. Woolworth Company converted itself into a sporting retailer, closing its remaining retail stores operating under the "Woolworth's" brand name and renaming itself Venator Group. By 2001, the firm focused exclusively into the sporting goods market, changing its name to the present Foot Locker Inc (NYSE: FL). Chains using the Woolworth name survive in the United Kingdom, Germany, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa.

This was plaigerized from Wikipedia.
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.