A Tale of Two Stupid Women (and one doctor!)

Just had a colossal row with a client who claims she never signed a contract to advertise in a particular publication. Yet, I have the contract faxed back from her office with their business name, fax number, date and time across the top. Oops. I told her that we'd received payments from them for this account. She claims they'd been paying on a different account, which started in May, when I inform her that we had received three cheques for this particular account, which started in November. She claimed fraud and that she would take us to the NY State Attorney General for fraud-- even though she had clearly signed and faxed and signed and mailed us the first contract that she is disputing. She didn't believe me so I faxed the paperwork to her and also sent it registered mail. I called her back 10 minutes after I had faxed her the 10 pages and she tells me that the pages started coming through but they just stopped because they needed to change the cartridge on their fax machine. Yeah, right. I politely told her that I would fax the ten pages again in 20 minutes so that they would have plenty of time to change that cartridge. When I called back 10 minutes after the second time I faxed her, she answered the phone in a somber tone 'cos gurfren knew she be busted!!!

================================================== =====

Oh!! Some woman called to cancel a renewal on an advertisement. I asked why the doctor was cancelling the advert. The caller said he wasn't happy with the services. I asked her what aspect of the services he wasn't happy about. She said in a snotty tone, "Well, *scoff* you took him to collections!" So, I said, "Well, the only time we send someone to collections is if they don't pay their bill for six months. So, really, it wasn't something WE did. Was it?"

*silence*

"...okay, I'll put your cancellation request through for you."
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

You go, Boy. Bust them deadbeats (and keep telling us about it)!!!
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

I love proving people like that wrong and shutting them up. ITs a great feeling of busting them
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

JP, maybe they were confused by the difference between cheques and checks.

No. They were confused by the fact that nature didn't take them out sooner as natural selection isn't doing its job anymore.

I think one of my finest moments was when I was working at a record shop about 15 years ago. A very unreasonable customer was screaming at me and making all sorts of demands. I'd had enough of his verbal abuse, so I just piped up and said, "Yeah? Well try taking that tone with one of your family members and see how far it gets you. I'm not your boy. You can take your buisness and your filthy attitude elsewhere until you have nowhere left to shop. Have a nice day."

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartner View Post
    No. They were confused by the fact that nature didn't take them out sooner as natural selection isn't doing its job anymore.
    LMAO!!! That's classic, JP!!

Oh, my God. My stomach seriously hurts...
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

What can I say? I'm old...