Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cool "28 Weeks Later"

(i thought we had a thread on this, but i couldn't find it. I guess i was wrong?)

Yup, it's official: a sequel is going to happen. Here is the plot synopsis:

"The film picks up six months after the end of the first pic, in which a virus spreads, leaving few survivors. Special Forces is working to restore order and helping repopulate London when a carrier of the virus unknowingly ignites a reinfection."

Eh, i was leary at first, but: Alex Garland is writing the sequel as well. The directors? Not Boyle, but a guy named Juan Carlos Fresnadillo is taking the reigns. Apparently, he's a pretty good indie director.

Lastly, Harold Perrineau (from LOST) has joined the cast as a Helicopter Pilot who brings families back into London after they believe it's been quarantined and fixed.

Movie is aiming for a release of next summer, I believe.
    Thoughts?
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I hope we don't have to see see Cilian's Murphy again ?

My thought is that I wasn't much of a fan of the first one to begin with, so this one will be a rental for me.

I was definitely a fan of the first one, although the mixed/alternate endings added a different element and view to it. Overall, I really enjoyed though. IMO, it's one of the better "newage" zombie films even though it breaks the more traditional stereotypes of zombies being slow and what not. I love how they move fast. Makes things more interesting and suspenseful. Hell, I love zombies!

I am a little skeptical on the sequel. I may or may not see this on the the theater. A lot will depend on ratings and the such. I'll probably end up getting of my arse and seeing it unless the ratings/word of mouth tear it a new one.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    I hope we don't have to see see Cilian's Murphy again ?
    As far as i know: no. From what i've read, only Selena is RUMORED to make an appearance, but nothing is confirmed. Frankly, I would like to think that those characters have the common sense to stay the hell out of London.

Quote Originally Posted by UKWildcat View Post
    I was definitely a fan of the first one, although the mixed/alternate endings added a different element and view to it. Overall, I really enjoyed though. IMO, it's one of the better "newage" zombie films even though it breaks the more traditional stereotypes of zombies being slow and what not. I love how they move fast. Makes things more interesting and suspenseful. Hell, I love zombies!
    That's nifty and all, buuuuuuuuuut, these folks weren't zombies. They were Infected and didn't eat the living. Not zombies...NERD DEBATE, COMMENCE!

I'm not sure how to read your comment: did you like the alternate endings or no? I did like the one where Jim doesn't make it and the one with blood transfusion was really crazy, even from the schematics. But still, the one in the movie is the one i prefer to this day.

But if we got Garland on the job and some good directors on the job, i think it'll be a good flick. I got hopes cos i really dont' think Garland would be on the project if he didn't believe in it. I do kinda wish Boyle was directing. However, if they keep that gritty hand cam style to it, i'll be more than pleased.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Sorry, I couldn't resist making a pun with regard to Cillian's nude scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute View Post

That's nifty and all, buuuuuuuuuut, these folks weren't zombies. They were Infected and didn't eat the living. Not zombies...NERD DEBATE, COMMENCE!
    No, you're right. I just wasn't sure how else to classify them. Maybe "Infecteds" will do.

I'm not sure how to read your comment: did you like the alternate endings or no? I did like the one where Jim doesn't make it and the one with blood transfusion was really crazy, even from the schematics. But still, the one in the movie is the one i prefer to this day.
    I too like the "original" ending that we see with the film. The others were okay, I guess. Didn't they do the same thing with 28 Days Later that they did with "The Descent"? Change the original (foreign) ending to an "Americanized" ending? Hince, the two different endings/versions of both films? I could be mistaken, but I thought I remembered reading that somewhere.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

the first film wasn't anything special. i particularly don't care for the superspeedy attackers (same thing that tempered my enjoyment of the dawn of the dead remake). slow shambling, but never tiring pursuit is much, much more frightening.

as for the "nerd debate" according to the zombie survival guide the infected in the movie may or may not be zombies. we know they're infected, but we don't know if it's the offending virus responsible for creating zombies.

More cast info:

Robert Carlyle, Rose Byrne, Catherine McCormack, Imogen Poots, Idris Elba and Mackintosh Muggleton all join Jeremy Renner and Harold Perrineau in Fox Atomic's 28 Weeks Later, which will be directed by Juan Carlos Fresnadillo. Hitting theaters May 11, 2007, the film opens six months after the rage virus has annihilated the British Isles, the US Army declares that the war against infection has been won, and that the reconstruction of the country can begin. In the first wave of returning refugees, a family is reunited -- but one of them unwittingly carries a terrible secret. The virus is not yet dead, and this time, it is more
    and there BD cuts the word off. We'll say, "more fun" or "more deadly." I'm really happy that Carlyle is in the flick as he's been nothing short of great in "Trainspotting" and "The Full Monty."

More info as it comes!

Idris Elba ? This film just got more interesting for me...that guy was AWESOME on The Wire.

I don't know that a sequel was necessary for the original.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**