Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hasbro's Weekly Q&A - Sept 1st

It's finally happened - they didn't lose this week's questions, whooppee! It's Hasbro answers to SSG questions for September 1st, 2006.

Thanks to everybody for their patience, we are still endevoring to get the missing questions found and answered; and thanks again to all the folks who sent in questions and especially those who actually voted on them. Here come Hasbro's answers, and remember to check out ActionFigs.com for their weekly Hasbro Q&A as well (which also got an update today finally).

Hasbro Q&A for the week of September 1st
    (Q&A schedule was interrupted by misadventures.)

Q:
    Does the Star Wars team still have interest in seeing every original Kenner vintage figure redone in the modern line in some way (be it basic figure or otherwise), such as: Sim Aloo, Warok, Lumat, human B-wing Pilot, Hoth Rebel Technician / Tauntaun wrangler, black Bespin Security Guard, Woof (vintage Klaatu with the sheepskin), etc.? If so, any specific timeline for them?

A: It's not a stated goal for the next few years, but it will probably happen eventually more organically... i.e next time we do an Ewok, for instance, it could be an update on original figures. But we haven't just slotted all these into a future line.

- -

Q: Understanding that it's not currently possible for HasbroToyShop to offer a 1-of-every-figure subscription service, what about offering individual 1-of-every-figure-in-the-wave sets on the site when they come out, so a buyer can get all the unique figures in that wave at once without having to buy a full case with all its duplicates? Those duplicates could even be sold as individuals on HasbroToyShop.

A: We're looking at ways to facilitate this, but there's no solution in place. It comes down to how many different versions of our basic figure waves we can produce and make sure wires don't get crossed at our warehouse level. The oprational execution is critical... it would be bad to send these heavy collector-targted waves to mass retail, even if by accident. If we can solve that, we could probably so something like you suggest.

- -

Q: Now that we have a new definitive Biker Scout, can we expect to see a more accurate Original Trilogy speederbike soon?

A: I think the previous Speeder Bike was pretty good. But there is always room for improvements. The real question then becomes, is it better to make an improved bike or a similar sized vehicle that has never been done before...

You can find previous answers in SSG's weekly Hasbro Q&A archive.

I think the question about the vaporator is the ONLY question they have given a definitive answer on.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

The questions from ActionFigs.com...
    [FONT=Arial]1) Recently, you said some of the figure rumor lists are inaccurate. Will you debunk one of those rumored-to-be-coming-soon figures that Hasbro actually does *not* plan to release in any format in the next 18 months (any figure rumor of your choice)?

2) In the future, will translucent ghost & hologram figures only be the all-blue style, or will we see more like the fully-colored translucent 2004 Luke Hologram and Obi-Wan Spirit figures?

3) Are you planning on releasing any new Separatist Leader figures in 2007?[/FONT]
    Find the answers here: http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?..._articleid=162
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

No Neimoidians or Separatists next year?

I think it's a little odd they say they like the latest OT speederbike, the last OT speederbike mold is the same one as 1983's, we last saw it in the OTC line's "Endor Ambush" multipack and the mold is falling apart. They perhaps are referring to the Saga speederbike, but that's the AOTC version since it's missing the folded poncho on the back; it's a good mold, but the materials could be stronger and it needs a floaty stand... and a new release.

As to their question, I personally think they should do new stuff but not ignore this iconic vehicle, if they get the speederbike dead-on there are going to be a lot of casual collectors who want it over some background swoop with an oversized missile launcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Battle Droid View Post
    No Neimoidians or Separatists next year?
    That does seem to be what they're saying. I'm not surprised, Neimoidians sell horribly every time, retailers don't want them, they actually complain about them.

Their answer leads me to whether I should even bother including the following questions in the next poll:
    Are you planning on releasing any new Neimoidian figures in 2007?
    Any chance of getting a Nute Gunray with robes and miter from Episode 2 and 3?
    I'm strongly leaning towards cutting that first one right now, we didn't ask about every Neimoidian but they seemed to have covered that in their answer. The second question also seems to be covered for the next 18 months, but some folks may want us to ask it as a suggestion to let Hasbro know there's interest, it's more open-ended too so I'm not sure if I should keep it or not.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    I think the question about the vaporator is the ONLY question they have given a definitive answer on.
    Well, there have been others from other sites (Mace, R2, curved bar, etc.) and this week's answers about the Separatists and Yuuzhan Vong were pretty satisfying.

Apparently they forgot about the Holo Luke figure from 2004, but it's nice to know that we might be getting more figures in that style in the future (for the spirits, at least). Interesting how they said they wanted the holos to be all the same style, when they've been all over the board lately (compare the TRU Yoda and Palpatine to Ki-Adi, Aayla, and the other toothpaste-looking ones).

What is going to happen with the lost questions? Will we get the lost questions in an email in three years.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Dang it! I wanted the Sailbarge question answered already!

The Eopie one, too.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

We've kept on them about the 2 weeks' worth of missing questions, and we'll keep on them till they answer them.

So, thoughts on the neimoidian questions?

JabbaJohn, you're totally right, the blue color on the holo figs has been very inconsistant, even the holo Emperor exclusive from last year to the other holos.

So, thoughts on the neimoidian questions?
    You can get rid of mine, since Hasbro said they weren't making any Neimoidians next year in my Separatist question.