Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

College Football, 2006 Edition

It has begun! And there were virtually no upsets (UT a home-underdog to a Pac-10 team traveling most-way across the country? I do not call Cal's loss an upset).

OSU vs. the other UT next week... think it'll be called
    THE GAME OF THE NEW CENTURY
    before it even kicks off?

Brag, bemoan, belittle... or just be. Onward to the probably-soon-to-be-debated Nat'l Champ!
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

OSU baby!!!!!&
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

The Ga Tech - ND game last night was a pretty good one although I was hoping for GT to pull out the victory.

Va Tech crushing N' Eastern was nice too, had to listen to that one on the radio. Good to see Tech has a pretty good new QB in Glennon, a good rusher in Ore and the solid defense is still intact. I know they didn't play the best opposition, but still, all of these are good things. Plus, it probably made kh's weekend.

I'm really looking forward to the FSU Miami game on Monday night.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

I never watch college football and rarely pay any attention to it either. But one game this week caught my attention, Montana St. vs. CU. Boulder is where I did my undergrad at and Montana St. is where I'm at right now. I was stunned to learn of MSU's 19 to 10 victory. A 1-AA school isn't supposed to beat a Big 12 school.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

We should have beat Rutgers yesterday...that's all I'm sayin.

How about that dumba$$ for Georgia who dropped the ball right outside of the end zone on his kick return? Granted he did return the next one for the TD but I know his coach had to be on him like white on rice for showboating so much.

Oh yeah..I do NOT think Brady Quinn wins the Heisman this year unless ND gets going on all cylinders..last night he played well but the Irish had too tough of a time with GT and that kind of performance won't work against other teams later in their schedule.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
    We should have beat Rutgers yesterday...that's all I'm sayin.
    I was actually at the NC State/Appalachian State game and the entire stadium (both sides) erupted when they said UNC lost. I take it that the entire state hates UNC?

How about that dumba$$ for Georgia who dropped the ball right outside of the end zone on his kick return? Granted he did return the next one for the TD but I know his coach had to be on him like white on rice for showboating so much.
    I saw that and was rolling. I immediately thought of Leon Lett and Don Beebe from the Super Bowl. Different situation but kinda the same.

Michigan looked like *** but they still managed to pull the game out (yet didn't make the damn spread and messed things up).

And, gee, how about Texas stomping all over Northern Texas. Do you really have to wonder how they can go undefeated? That's the BCS for ya.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    I was actually at the NC State/Appalachian State game and the entire stadium (both sides) erupted when they said UNC lost. I take it that the entire state hates UNC?
    Of course they hate us (not the entire state but the nc state losers and dook fans)...we are superior in every way..they are the little lost retarded brother of NC.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester

Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
    Of course they hate us (not the entire state but the nc state losers and dook fans)...we are superior in every way..they are the little lost retarded brother of NC.
    You'd think that since UNC has a good basketball squad they could muster a football team good enough to beat Rutgers...
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    You'd think that since UNC has a good basketball squad they could muster a football team good enough to beat Rutgers...
    Rutgers is no slouch..theyve got 2 rbs on that team that could easily win the heisman.

not that any of you care about the Pac 10 but Ben Olson looked pretty good.

Booty looked pretty good as well (there, at least i provided the setup for someone. on a board full of punchline closers, ya'll should appreciate the setup people like me. )