Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The lack of VOTC-style Stormtroopers is disturbing

We need a carded release of single Stormtroopers (NOT the CommTech version -- the VOTC version). These things go for around $20 on eBay. Now I'm not suggesting an army-builder set or anything, just a single carded run, similar to the recent Sandtrooper and AT-AT Driver assortments, both of which seemed to sell out fast (the former more so than the latter, but I digress). This is an existing sculpt, and no different paint job is needed. Seems like a no-brainer here, Hasbro.

Just do give us our Stormies already, and be done with it!

It has been awhile since we've gotten a stormie. We've gotten basically all of the other VOTC offerings recarded yet no stormie.

I'd have to bet that he isn't too far off though as Hasbro tries to put out the main characters every year or two.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Slicker is correct. I would look for him next year in the 30th ann. line&
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker View Post
    It has been awhile since we've gotten a stormie. We've gotten basically all of the other VOTC offerings recarded yet no stormie.

How do you figure that?

Here are the VOTC figures that have been recarded in some form:
    R2-D2
    Stormtrooper (as a Sandtrooper)
    Darth Vader (the 500th figure and both Saga 2 releases, but all had a different head from the VOTC release)

Here are the VOTC figures who have never been recarded:
    Han Solo
    Princess Leia
    Luke Skywalker
    Chewbacca
    Boba Fett
    Lando Calrissian
    Yoda
    C-3PO

So it's actually the other way around.
    Last edited by bigbarada; 09-03-2006 at 11:24 PM. Reason: messed up the quote tags

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post

Exactly. That's a sandtrooper and not just a basic white Stormie.

I get where you're coming from but I'm going by the basic characters from the trilogy.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman View Post
    Slicker is correct. I would look for him next year in the 30th ann. line&
    OR...look for him now as the Sandtrooper!!!

Just get some paint remover (non harmful to plastic) and within a couple of minutes you've got a stormtrooper!!!
    Move along, move along

I'm never going to understand the situation on army builders. On one hand they seem like no brainers. Here they have a perfectly good figure that is in high demand, so it seems like they can just churn them out at will (this is ignoring the fact that every third collector who doesn't want them will complain that they've made another Figure X which prevents them from getting Figure Y . . . which is rhetorical crap).

I think I've heard that the existence of only one mold for each of these army builders makes it hard for them to produce the number of figures in demand, which I understand to be the reason they produce new variants on the #6 clone, #41 clone, AT-TE gunner, etc. instead of only using the more widely liked #41 mold.

That seems like a bit of a cop-out excuse though. If the figure is in high demand, and you can't make enough of them to satisfy everyone at one time, then make a few at a time for a longer period of time. In other words, instead of making (arbitrary number:) 25,000 of them for one wave of the year, you might try making 10,000 four or five times throughout the year. Obviously I've given about two seconds of thought to that, so my numbers aren't well considered, but that basic thinking seems sound.

Otherwise, while I still want to army build Episode III clones, I have been bitten by the bug to army build Stormtroopers and Biker Scouts too, so I would happily welcome more VOTC Stormtroopers. As it stands, I've bought all but one Saga Sandtrooper (I was out of cash at the time) I've seen.
    Member 104 of the SWC forums . . . but it's good to be back.

Good traders: DarkJedi5, jediguy, Jedi_Master_Guyute, jedimastergeorge06

How do you figure that?

Here are the VOTC figures that have been recarded in some form:
    R2-D2
    Darth Vader (the 500th figure and both Saga 2 releases, but all had a different head from the VOTC release)

Here are the VOTC figures who have never been recarded:
    Han Solo
    Princess Leia
    Luke Skywalker
    Chewbacca
    Boba Fett
    Lando Calrissian
    Yoda
    C-3PO

So it's actually the other way around.
    Well if you think about it, C-3PO is being re-issued with the Tin Sets, and Han Solo looks alsmost similiar to the first VOTC release just a different head sculpt. Boba Fett's legs were given to a mix and match Sarlacc Fett to give us the Sarlacc 2 version of Fett in the Carkoon Wave. And wasn't Chewie's body re-used for the Early Bird set.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

The Saga 2 Han Solo is the old crappy Commtech Han Solo body from 1999. It has nothing in common with the VOTC Han Solo.

Some parts from the VOTC Fett were used in the Saga 2 version, but he was mainly a rehash of the Saga 1 Boba Fett which is dramatically inferior to the VOTC and 300th Boba figures.

And of course, the Chewie body was used for the Early Bird set, but I thought we were talking about regular release figures here.

I would love to see them rerelease the VOTC Stormtrooper as a standard Stormtrooper. I managed to get 10 of them when they were on the shelves two years ago, but I wouldn't mind expanding my army a little bit.

And for those of us who just want to collect OT stuff, it will give us something to do other than sit around and complain about how many Clonetroopers we're getting.

The Saga 2 Han Solo is the old crappy Commtech Han Solo body from 1999. It has nothing in common with the VOTC Han Solo.
    I was refering to the original VOTC Han Solo and the new VOTC Endor Han Solo. The Mos Eisely Saga Han was a crappy re-due of a figure that outlived it's time. When it first came out in the Comm-Tech line it was a great Han Solo but now the VOTC has came in and blasted it like Greedo in the Cantina.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks