Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What Figures Need the Holo Treatment ?

So I was thinking about this today and came up with the following list / ideas
    for Holographic figures or accessories for future lines:

First Characters that have appeared as Holo's:

Princess Leia (ANH) - already made - needs a new sculpt
    Darth Vader (ESB) - would be awesome and a micro one would rock
    Captain Needa (ESB) - is a cool idea, but we still need a regular version
    Yoda (ROTS) - already made
    Obi Wan (AOTC) - micro sized for the Jedi Council, getting one this fall
    Luke Skywalker (ROTJ) - already made
    Emperor Palpatine (ESB) - already made - needs improvement (2 different)
    Nute Gunray (TPM)
    Sio Bibble (TPM)
    Mace Windu (AOTC)
    Commander Cody (ROTS) - coming in the fall
    Rune Harko (TPM)
    Ki Adi Mundi (ROTS) - already made
    Alia Secura (ROTS) - already made

Ok so, here's an idea, how about an exclusive scaled sized micro Jedi Council Set like in ROTS. I mean how cool would it be to have a scene with Yoda and Gree looking over the Jedi Council.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Destroyer Droid (AOTC)
    Non-Suited Darth Vader (ROTS)
    Those Imperials (TESB)
    Dooku (EU)
    General Grievous (EU)

Why bother with the production costs involved with tooling new holo figures? Why not use existing molds of the minis from Wizards of the Coast? Could be holo or regular. Plus cross promotes the lines.
    Star Wars & GI Joe Customs
    HAVES: HK-50 Head, Capt Typho & GI Joe fodder available still
    Wants:L8-L9 Head, YVH-1 Complete (as possible),R7-T1 Complete (as possible),R7-Z0 Complete (as possible)

In the future, I hope they'll take into consideration whether or not the holo figures had color. The Episode I Darth Sidious was pretty great, but since then most of them have had too much color or not enough.

I made this thread on the subject quite a few years ago. Here's what I had, now with more notes in italics:

The Phantom Menace
    *Holographic Palpatine - I'd really like to see a good TPM Senator Palpatine first, before they make a holo version.
    *Holographic Nute Gunray (in the works) - er, maybe not. But I still want it, and it would be easy for them to do.
    *OOM-9 with Holographic mini-Nute Gunray and Rune Haako - the Battle Droid Commander idea could use a resculpt, and this still would be a good pack-in.
    *Holographic midsize Darth Sidious with Spider Projector - I guess it really could be "normal" size, and there should be a chair attachment for Nute.
    *Holographic Sio Bibble - a holo recast of the EI figure.

Attack of the Clones
    *Palpatine in Chair wth Holographic mini-Onaconda Farr - would still be cool, but I don't care too much about this one.
    *Mace Windu in Chair with Holographic mini-Kamino Obi-Wan - they kind of had the Obi-Wan with the Jedi Council set, but it wasn't in the "proper" room and it wasn't easily removable.
    *Holographic Geonosis Obi-Wan with Lightsaber and projectorI would've rather they did this figure than the random ROTS one. The accessory that came with Bail Organa was, I think, way too small.
    *Neutral robed Anakin with Holographic mini-Obi-Wan with Lightsaber, Holographic mini-Droideka and Holographic mini-Mace Windu - still waitin' on this one.

The Empire Strikes Back
    *General Veers with Holographic mini-Vader - we got Veers, but I'd still like a neutral mini holo Vader.
    *Holographic Imperial Officers (Cinema Scene perhaps?) - maybe sometime after we get a "real" Needa, eh?
    *Holographic Emperor Palpatine - I'd just like a big ol' version like the actual scene.

Return of the Jedi
    *Holographic Luke Skywalker - already done.

the holo's are out of hand now. although i keep on buying them. could we have got a different padme in saga 8? come on. there is tons of other outfits they could have put her in. there is already 2 in the white suite. i refuse to buy that. even on clearance. and the chewy and the chearleader maul, come on. i guess i can't complain too much, i will finally have a clone wars kit.

Quote Originally Posted by timmae View Post
    the holo's are out of hand now. although i keep on buying them. could we have got a different padme in saga 8? come on. there is tons of other outfits they could have put her in. there is already 2 in the white suite. i refuse to buy that. even on clearance. and the chewy and the chearleader maul, come on. i guess i can't complain too much, i will finally have a clone wars kit.
    We've HAD a Clone Wars Kit for some time. This is just a reissue. Though it has been a couple of years since we had it on store shelves.
    Move along, move along

Yup, all the rest of the Saga figures after the Endor/Naboo wave are either repacks, repaints, or kit bashes, which is why the Padmé uses old pieces.

Hey I was just having an EU moment and thought since we are getting a holo of Obi Wan from ROTS we also need a holo of Anakin as well since he also appears as a holo in ROTS. The EU reference is beacuse I am currently reading the Dark Nest Trilogy and parts of the story revolve around holo recordings taken by R2 during the events of ROTS.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Ghost: Patrick Swayze
    Ghostbusters: Slimer

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    Hey I was just having an EU moment and thought since we are getting a holo of Obi Wan from ROTS we also need a holo of Anakin as well since he also appears as a holo in ROTS. The EU reference is beacuse I am currently reading the Dark Nest Trilogy and parts of the story revolve around holo recordings taken by R2 during the events of ROTS.
    I forgot to mention that we need a small-scale Darth Vader hologram from when he tells Palpatine that the Separatists have been wiped out, and he could come with that version of Palpatine.

Also, we need several action scenes from the Jedi Temple holo recordings.

The Palpatine holo to the Separatists is an odd size, so go ahead and make that one too.

I'd really like to see some more hologram figures as TRU exclusives with a $20 purchase or whatever, like they did with Yoda and Palpatine last year and have done with the silver figures before. That way, they could get more of them done quickly and wouldn't have to weigh down the normal market with them.