Jedi Starfighter pics

http://209.197.117.27/databases/acti...ow_article=184

So as I suspected, this will be the preview toy, coming out in "March 2002" (which almost certainly means March 16th). This is the first time I've looked forward to a Hasbro version of a vehicle more than a Lego one. That's not to badmouth the Lego version, just that the Hasbro one really looks top knotch and this one seems very thin in comparison.

While I do like some of the elements I'm seeing on the Lego one, like those guns and the retractable landing gear (I hope it fully retracts though), that Jack Stone cockpit is kinda heinous and that red wig for Obi-Wan is attrocious.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

It doesn't look like the landing gear will fully retract, it'll just fold up under the ship I think. It's not so bad. It'll blend in with the flat under-hull. The cockpit could've been better and the back is kinda eh. But it's overall not a bad set. I agree on Obi-Wan's hair, he does have hair close to that for E2 but not that close. The guns on the upper-hull of the ship, while they are an interesting approach and could allow one to add on and spiff up the guns, they're still kinda just there.

I'm definitely gonna pick up this set, I've got a feeling the two Jedi Starfighters (Hasbro's & LEGO's) are gonna be some of the best toys released for Episode II.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Yeah, it looks like the rear landing gear lays against the underside instead of flush inside. What's sad is I've seen and BUILT Lego sets with flush landing gear, it's not hard, but it takes a set built to be hollow in certain places. I even found a site that had instructions on how to take the Lego A-wing and change its underside to add an extendable landing foot that lays in flush when retracted.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yah I know, although two things, the base plates might be in the way of fully retractable gear, plus they might not be able to add on to the underside so it wouldn't take away from the model that much. I know it isn't hard to make fully retractable landing gear, I'm currently working on a ship project with 3-4 sets of fully retractable gear. Btw, on the A-wing, that's not really that good of an example cause it needs alot of work anyways.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

On the A-wing I saw, it's simply removing the 8x2 blue brick and putting the device in its place - simple.

You should see the opening underside door on my stealth boat, that'd make a great landing foot for a vehicle, and it's so flush with the underside that I have to use a lego piece to open it.