Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Dig dug!

Since few check the Trading Section, I thought I'd use this bumped-up thread to update my trying-to-complete-sets post there (soon to be typed in). If any of you fine fellow collectors can help a brother out, it'd be swell (there's mixing tones of voice, eh? ).

But to the thread topic again, I like being able to see the "whole" movie in a binder of cards. Moving images are one thing, but a stop motion shot is a great moment captured. Take the one I bought recently (from the AOTC Series card #51), seen below:

Looks like Anakin got caught staring a little lower... You can't get that except on a card! (unless you keep a DVD on permanent 'pause,' of course). Priceless! (although, it probably would sell for around $.50 loose )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MyEyesAreUpHere.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	80.5 KB 
ID:	19962  
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

I had some of the Yellow cards from the 70's, and maybe a few others that I got from someone else. I had a few ESB cards as well. Back then I was also into basketball cards a bit. In the early 90's I really got into the basketball cards again, and dabbled slightly in football and baseball.

I've never bought any Star Wars movie cards since those vintage days, but I did get into the CCG cards just as Decipher stopped making them. I never played the game, though I thought that maybe someday I'd find someone who knew how to play. For me though, it was a cool way to collect characters that might never be made into figures. However, I never completed the sets, and have tons of duplicates. I haven't had the ambition to try and track down what I'm missing or find a way to unload all the duplicates. Perhaps someday I'll look into it.

I have just about every SW trading card set since the first Galaxy set was released.

As a kid, I never had a full set of trading cards. Nowdays, it's easier to: 1) buy a complete set from fellow collectors who buy boxes for the auto or sketch cards, or 2) get a box for myself. I haven't box a box for myself in several years. It just got too expensive for just an auto card and a few premium cards when I can buy a complete set from friends/fellow collectors for $5 - $10.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Since few check the Trading Section, I thought I'd use this bumped-up thread to update my trying-to-complete-sets post there (soon to be typed in). If any of you fine fellow collectors can help a brother out, it'd be swell (there's mixing tones of voice, eh? ).
    Here's what I have yet to find; these'll give me complete sets of basically all I'm looking to get, minus any new sets that come out:

SW Evolutions Update: 11
    Revenge of the Sith (not Widevision): 16, 47
    SW 30th Anniv.: 10, 75, 90, 95
    Shadows of the Empire: 82
    SW Finest: 10, 13, 14, 32, 33
    Attack of the Clones, Series I (not Widevision): 2, 9, 16, 17, 25, 40, 41, 61, 80
    SW Clone Wars (movie): 1, 23, 41, 62, 72, 75, 76, 81

I have many, many extras to trade.

After the recent SW Galaxy 6 series, I just broke the 4000 trading cards barrier.

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    After the recent SW Galaxy 6 series, I just broke the 4000 trading cards barrier.
    That number should make you a sure thing for the Hall of Fame.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    That number should make you a sure thing for the Hall of Fame.
    Pending the results of my steriods perjury trial, and the commissioner's lift of my gambling lifetime ban.

And here's my update of that list from almost two years ago:
    SW Evolutions Update: 11
    Revenge of the Sith (not Widevision): 16, 47
    Shadows of the Empire: 82
    SW Finest: 14, 33
    Attack of the Clones, Series I (not Widevision): 9, 41
    SW Clone Wars (movie): 1, 23, 41, 62, 72, 75, 76, 81