Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No Q&A again?&?

No Q&A again?&?

Did we get shunned again?&
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Did I not read somewhere that they were taking another break this week? Not just from our questions but all across the participating websites. Still haven't seen any answers to the questions I voted for though and they were submitted at some stage. Must say though I don't understand their excuse for our questions being snubbed for so long...do they say they 'lost' our questions?? What the hell does that mean? They're here on our website, not terribly hard to 'find'. How does it happen for weeks in succession and seemingly only to our questions? Doesn't seem like that can be an accident and yet its not like we asked anything hardhitting that Hasbro would go to some length to avoid answering. I don't get it.

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index....2_articleid=76

Please note, due to Labor Day shortening the work-week, Hasbro will not be answering questions on Sept 8th.
    As Devo said, nobody got answers this week.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

is it doubled this coming week?&
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman View Post
    is it doubled this coming week?&
    Maybe the bull**** is doubled. Mouse Droid.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I hope it's doubled, I can't imagine why they'd ask for questions on Friday just to backlog them. And maybe they'll answer our 2 more weeks' worth of outstanding questions as well... that'd be nice.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I must say I've lost interest in this. They drop a nugget of new or interesting information once in a while, but most of the time it is a bunch of "can't tell you yet" or "maybe some day" stuff. I just wish they would change the way they let out information. Rather than a bit here and a bit there or a bunch of stuff on one web site or at a convention, I don't understand why they don't have a systematic way of releasing information that would be exciting. Once a month announce a new wave that will come out next year. Show us prototype photos. If they were releasing thirty all new figures next year why not have Hasbro.com announce them one at a time or something. I just don't get the feast or famine on information and why Hasbro rarely makes a point of being the first to reveal something new. Imagine if there were no leaks, are we to believe that Hasbro feels the best way to reveal its product line is just a bunch of stuff all at once in booths at a convention? And prior to those booths they act like it is a State secret? As I said, why not space it out so throughout the year HASBRO itself is revealing new information on its website? Baffling.

Hasbro did answer some very specific questions. Look:

1) In 1999 will Hasbro release any Darth Maul action figures?

- Yes.

2) In 2004, will Hasbro repaint the 1978 X-wing fighter mold again and re-release it?

-Yes.

3) In 2005, will Hasbro be making action figrues from the movie Revenge of the Sith?

- Yes.

I mean these are very specific answers and direct from Hasbro!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Q: Does the Star Wars team still have interest in seeing every original Kenner vintage figure redone in the modern line in some way (be it basic figure or otherwise), such as: Sim Aloo, Warok, Lumat, human B-wing Pilot, Hoth Rebel Technician / Tauntaun wrangler, black Bespin Security Guard, Woof (vintage Klaatu with the sheepskin), etc.? If so, any specific timeline for them?

A: It's not a stated goal for the next few years, but it will probably happen eventually more organically... i.e next time we do an Ewok, for instance, it could be an update on original figures. But we haven't just slotted all these into a future line.
    Q: Understanding that it's not currently possible for HasbroToyShop to offer a 1-of-every-figure subscription service, what about offering individual 1-of-every-figure-in-the-wave sets on the site when they come out, so a buyer can get all the unique figures in that wave at once without having to buy a full case with all its duplicates? Those duplicates could even be sold as individuals on HasbroToyShop.
    A: We're looking at ways to facilitate this, but there's no solution in place. It comes down to how many different versions of our basic figure waves we can produce and make sure wires don't get crossed at our warehouse level. The operational execution is critical... it would be bad to send these heavy collector-targted waves to mass retail, even if by accident. If we can solve that, we could probably so something like you suggest.

Q: Could troop builder figures be made available (indefinitely if possible) on Hasbro Toy Shop after they're taken out of regular circulation?

A: The preference would be to do more troop builder figures at retail, rather than DTC.

Q: The "Ewoks" tv-movies and cartoons were released on DVD last fall. Is there any chance of getting figures based on the Ewok movies and cartoons, especially Teek, Princess Kneesa (realistically-styled if possible), the Marauders, and the number of Ewoks who did not appear in ROTJ?

A:
    Not any time soon.
    Just because we don't like the results doesn't mean they didn't answer the questions. I think the problem is that collectors don't like the actual results, they want Hasbro's viewpoint to fit our viewpoints, but that's not how it works.

I acknowledged they reveal something once in a while. As I said, my beef is that they keep everything a big secret, then either there is a large leak they refuse to acknowledge or they just suddenly reveal everything at a convention. They should make their web site the primary place for new information. They should be announcing a new product or showing new pictures every week. There is enough product during the year that they could do that. And they don't.