There's a TF thread in here somewhere, which hasn't been updated in over a year, and which deals with the tripe Dreamwave put out, so I'd rather give this the credit it deserves.
I just discovered that Titan Books has not only reprinted the entire run of the US Transformers series (minus apparently the Headmasters miniseries, which I couldn't find), but is in the process of reprinting the UK series as well!!
This is excellent news for fans of the big robots. The original comics series has always been, for me at least, the only true "canon" Transformers tales. While Marvel UK's (weekly?) series was heavy on the reprints of the American stories, there were a large number of new stories, primarily by Transformers god Simon Furman, that filled in a lot of gaps in the American series. And, when Furman took over the American series with issue 56, there were a lot of references to his run on the UK series.
It will take me quite some time to accumulate all of these and read them, but I can't wait to find out. . .
- More on the origin of Primus and Unicron
- What those crazy things were that ate the Battlechargers and claimed to be the original Cybertronians
- What Grimlock and the Dinobots were up to between the time they went AWOL and when Grimlock appointed himself Autobot King
- Why Megatron was the only Transformer who didn't seem to recognize an alternate-future Galvatron in the present day
- How Dreadwind and Darkwing were able to ditch the Mecannibals, come under Megatron's command, and retrieve the shattered body of Starscream
- What the Deathbringer was, how it got the Matrix, and why Optimus Prime didn't retrieve the Matrix then rather than sending teams across the galaxy a few years later
- How Grimlock and the other Actionmasters were able to regain the ability to transform prior to the Generation 2 comic
- What went down when Optimus Prime and Grimlock actually went one-on-one, and if this is the reason Grimlock suddenly respects Prime during Furman's run
- Exactly how much butt Andrew Wildman can kick when drawing Transformers
Most of all, I look forward to completing the entire story, then reading it all in chronological order. (It's a rare case of having a favorite story, finishing it, then finding out ten years later that you only have half of it.)
This probably isn't going to be a hotbed of discussion here, but I thought any other TF fans who weren't aware of this would appreciate the knowledge.