The AT-AT Driver's backwards crotch

This is an odd error by nature, but I've noticed that every single carded TSC AT-AT Driver has the crotch assembled backwards. In other words the figure's "butt" is facing front and his "boys" are facing to the back.

I bought about six of these figures on the Saga card and every single one of them had the same error. Some of them were ordered online and some were bought at Wal-Mart or K-Mart over the course of about three months. Again every one had the same flaw.

I thought it would be interesting to note that I just picked up the Endor AT-AT and the Driver that comes with it has the crotch assembled correctly. So I'm not sure if all the Saga Drivers had the same error and Hasbro finally fixed it with this pack-in release. I just thought it would be interesting to point out.

It's a difficult error to spot, and I know my digital camera will never be able to get a clear picture of something that subtle. So I apologize that I can't provide a photo. So hopefully somebody with a better camera will be able to keep an eye out for this.

i have about 7 of these figures and each and every one of them has the backwards groin.

it's easy to fix, however. just run the at-at driver under hot water for about a minute. then pull the leg straps so that the legs are no longer within them. pull out the left and right legs - if you heated it long enough, they should come out easily. now all you need to do is pull the groin out - it's glued lightly but should come off with just some moderate pulling. reverse it, pop the legs back in, put the leg straps back on.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Could this be the first ever Spaceballs figure ?
    Actually, the Biker Scout that came out in the Target Exclusive Saga Accessory pack had the same problem.

--Woah. I think I was just possessed by Jar Jar Binks Beast
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Mine is backwards like inverted.
    You'll be dead!

N. Lindstrom Photo
    Top Shelf Traders - tjovonovich, Val Da Car

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Could this be the first ever Spaceballs figure ?
    I can guarantee you that, with the exception of one, all of my AT-AT Drivers know exactly how big their butt is.

I guess the AT-AT Driver has been put back in the latest assortment of TSC figures because I've seen a couple of them on the pegs in the last few weeks. I picked up the two that I saw and notices a couple of differences from the ones that were showing up early last year:

1. they have MUCH better paint application on their helmet, making them appear more movie-accurate.

2. the backwards crotch seems to have been fixed. Neither of the ones that I've bought this year have the backwards crotch on them.