I got my 12" SSC-exclusive Obi-Wan today, it's my favorite in the line, but there are a surprising number of problems that I'm considering contacting them over - if I do so, it'll be the first time I've ever contacted SSC for anything.
- packaging, the outer shipping carton is too thin as usual but where FedEx is marginally careful with them, this time it was UPS which punched several gouges in the carton, mangled a side edge, and bashed a corner, resulting in minor to moderate creasing to the box itself in several locations;
- the lightsaber blade is the tiniest bit not straight, normally I wouldn't even mention this but it's far from the only issue today;
- one of the lightsaber hilts is assembled sloppily;
- the Grievous blaster's barrel and end cap are slightly out of rotation from the main body, the barrel can be rotated into position but becomes ever so slightly askew;
- the lightsaber covertec belt clip is glued on wrong, instead of in the middle it's glued to the bottom-most edge of the clip;
- the shoulders cannot hold the arms upright in just about any pose.
So I am wondering, should I contact them over these oddball little issues? It looks like I'm being a nitpicker, and perhaps I am, but this is a figure I want to have and want to have right, I don't want my money back but I don't want to wait for a replacement either.
Should I just accept it as it is or try to roll the dice on them getting me an improved one?