Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Medicom's RAH Stormtrooper - HOLY CRAP!!!

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index...._articleid=335

Wow does that thing look amazing! If I had the scratch, I'd be all over this thing. It's not just the super poseability or the tight fit of the undersuit, it's the helmet and armor itself, they have such tight tolerances and the coloring is spot-on so that it looks like it could be in human scale, it's a stunning piece and I hate to say it but I doubt Sideshow could pull it off this good. (On the other hand, Sideshow's version won't require assembly, won't be as fragile, will be easier to replace should something go wrong, and probably will cost half as much.) I just don't think there's ever going to be a poseable Stormtrooper that is more accurate than this at any price, and it kills me that it's outside my price level (and comfort zone, I fear the breakage issue fiercely).

Anyway, looks fantastic, and kudos to anybody who gets one.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

In Medicom's usage, it's "Real Action Hero", which I think is kinda doofy.

Didja see the pics? What think you?

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I thought that was a shot of a real Stormtrooper. That's how real that figure looks, and the poses, my goodness, I wish I had the cash for one too JT.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Oh ! See, when I saw your thread title for a split moment I thought of RAH as in Real American Hero ala GI Joe and I thought briefly that you were referencing a 12" Nazi or something (yes, I know GIJOE ARAH was a 3 3/4 line, I just meant VERY briefly did I think that ).

Quote Originally Posted by JT
    Didja see the pics? What think you?
    Yes I did. What think I ?

I think you're right, I also thought when I saw it that it looked like a dude in a costume. It looked "odd" for a toy but not in a bad way, it just looked too realistic.

So how much does this cost? I didn't look beyond the cool pics.

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/index...._articleid=335

Wow does that thing look amazing! If I had the scratch, I'd be all over this thing. It's not just the super poseability or the tight fit of the undersuit, it's the helmet and armor itself, they have such tight tolerances and the coloring is spot-on so that it looks like it could be in human scale, it's a stunning piece and I hate to say it but I doubt Sideshow could pull it off this good. (On the other hand, Sideshow's version won't require assembly, won't be as fragile, will be easier to replace should something go wrong, and probably will cost half as much.) I just don't think there's ever going to be a poseable Stormtrooper that is more accurate than this at any price, and it kills me that it's outside my price level (and comfort zone, I fear the breakage issue fiercely).

Anyway, looks fantastic, and kudos to anybody who gets one.
    I have two of these stormies, and they put all my other figures to shame (except maybe my Medicom Vaders..). I would've happily stuck with one, but I came across an auction on ebay I couldn't refuse, and got my second for around $75 (the 1st was $169 IIRC).

I wanted to point out a couple things though:

You don't have to assemble it, it comes all put together in it's black box. I think you may be confusing the Medicom RAH series with the Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece line (which you do have to assemble).

This stormy is not fragile. In fact, it's sturdier than any Sideshow figure I own (and actually holds it's poses well). The Medicom body is the best in the business. Their only con is that they run a bit shorter than most standard 1/6 figures. That can be easily remedied though as you can actually extend the legs on a Medicom body with little "spacers" you insert above the ankle.

I think the pre-order price is $129 at sws. Here's a couple links to some pics I posted in the Medicom thread. Gotta dig the blank head

The Pair

close up

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    So how much does this cost? I didn't look beyond the cool pics.
    $130, which is tempting more and more as I think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reef
    You don't have to assemble it, it comes all put together in it's black box. I think you may be confusing the Medicom RAH series with the Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece line (which you do have to assemble).
    Actually, I was thinking of the Marmit Japanese 12" SW figures. It's still wrong, but closer.

This stormy is not fragile. In fact, it's sturdier than any Sideshow figure I own (and actually holds it's poses well). The Medicom body is the best in the business. Their only con is that they run a bit shorter than most standard 1/6 figures. That can be easily remedied though as you can actually extend the legs on a Medicom body with little "spacers" you insert above the ankle.
    How much smaller though, even with the spacers? Think you could take a photo of one next to a US 12" figure?

And great photos that you already included, nice!!!

It's not just the super poseability or the tight fit of the undersuit, it's the helmet and armor itself, they have such tight tolerances and the coloring is spot-on so that it looks like it could be in human scale
    Exactly, that is why I don’t understand people’s argument that medicom is too expensive or that they are too short, quality products are never cheap.

I’d rather have something be a little short than to have it be 12” tall and look like a monkey with long arms, huge head, thick eyebrows, lipstick, and crap tailoring on the clothing (sideshows problems bunched into one). Medicom IS pricey but they are in scale…and Medicom doesn’t advertise their figures as “1/6th scale” so lets get over that argument =)

I hate to say it but I doubt Sideshow could pull it off this good. (On the other hand, Sideshow's version won't require assembly, won't be as fragile, will be easier to replace should something go wrong, and probably will cost half as much.) I just don't think there's ever going to be a poseable Stormtrooper that is more accurate than this at any price, and it kills me that it's outside my price level (and comfort zone, I fear the breakage issue fiercely).
    I totally agree with you, Sideshow will not be able to pull off a stormtrooper or vader for that matter to match the quality of Medicom’s. If you think that youre going to get away with spending $60 for a Sideshow Vader or Stormy that will rival the Medicom ones, im sorry but youre dreaming. Sideshow is good for their price, but that’s about it.

You don’t have to be so paranoid of these breaking, theyre just figures and if you don’t manhandle them you should be fine. I haven’t had one break on me yet, or come defective yet.

I actually like the term RAH a lot. It basically sums up the whole nucleus of what Medicom is… “REAL”. Meaning that their figures ARE poseable to match what a real human being could do. And they are in scale to what a real human being should look like (except the comic characters of course). I swear, pick up comic spiderman as your first RAH, you will be blown away by the ways you can pose him and how anatomically correct the body limbs move.

Superman
    Spidey

It's VERY nice... I think the helmet is a little big but, it's still VERY nice!! My pal bruce has the RAH Vader. It's a beautiful piece. The bad part is that it is in its own 12" scale. Meaning... it's much shorter than the Hasbro/Kenner or Sideshow 12" figures.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Quote Originally Posted by nash View Post
    Exactly, that is why I donít understand peopleís argument that medicom is too expensive or that they are too short, quality products are never cheap.
    It's outside the realm of pricing for 1:6 scale action figures for most folks, most folks can't army build at $130-$170 a pop. As for "too short", if they don't fit in with the other 1:6 scale action figures in one's collection, they are insular and have no connective context in one's collection.

Medicom IS pricey but they are in scaleÖand Medicom doesnít advertise their figures as ď1/6th scaleĒ so lets get over that argument =)
    How can they be in scale if they're not marketed as such and are shorter than other 1:6 figures? Like the RAH Vader, it's pretty short for a Vader from the pics I've seen, using their standard 12" body, if the stormtrooper uses that body they're going to be the same height.

You donít have to be so paranoid of these breaking, theyre just figures and if you donít manhandle them you should be fine. I havenít had one break on me yet, or come defective yet.
    At this price, I can't afford to take one's general word on that, I'd want assurances or at least first-hand experience (which is next to impossible because of the rarity of the piece here in the US), I've been burned before and I know a lot more folks who have been burned worse on imports.