Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Representative Been???

I just opened up Rep Been and on his stand it reads Representative Been. I was always under the impression that Rep was his first name and not short for Representative, or anything else for that matter. Does anybody know what it is supposed to be?

I don't know for sure, but I always assumed it was a title. Of the named Gungans, they're all single-word names preceded by a title: Boss Nass, Captain Tarpals, General Ceels, Rep Been, and a few other Reps. And Jar Jar Binks, who, having an actual full name, stands out. As does Wicket W Warrick (lone among the Ewoks in having a last name, not to mention a middle initial), though he's never named onscreen.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    They made another Gungan ? That's awesome !
    Yes, he ges by the name of........................................"Has Been"
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Rep is indeed a title. Notice how Jar Jar is now Representative Binks in ROTS. He's also Rep Binks on Naboo.
    Move along, move along

Quote Originally Posted by jedi master sal View Post
    Rep is indeed a title. Notice how Jar Jar is now Representative Binks in ROTS. He's also Rep Binks on Naboo.
    Your definitely right. I got a hold of an Episode I visual dictionary and it says quote "Boss Nass makes decisions with the assistance of his Rep Council. This group of appointed officers is responsible for various areas of government." It also has listed another gungan called Rep Teers. So it is definitely a title.

And here I thought it was another Hasbro f--- up.

rep been's nickname on the gungan council is Rep Beans because before he comes to work he eats 4 breakfeast burritos and drinks varrying ammounts of prune juice.
    Doc: "I'm a medic,not a doctor."
    Tucker: "Whats the difference?"
    Doc: "A doctor cures people, a medic just makes them more comfortable, while they die."
    Palpatine:"Exacute an Order 5 with a diet coke."

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrooper View Post
    I just opened up Rep Been and on his stand it reads Representative Been. I was always under the impression that Rep was his first name and not short for Representative, or anything else for that matter. Does anybody know what it is supposed to be?
    Screw the name thing!! Where did you find him?! Did you get Luke?!! Did change the torso scuplt to reflect the lack of a vest?
    Wanted; loose or sealed
    Blue Clone Wars Jedi Starfighter (Not Anakin's), TRU Y-Wing, TRU Gold Leader X-Wing

Quote Originally Posted by Bacta Beast View Post
    Screw the name thing!! Where did you find him?! Did you get Luke?!! Did change the torso scuplt to reflect the lack of a vest?
    I don't have any of this wave yet but I know that the only difference to the Luke figure is the new right hand (and of course the accessories). He still has the vest/tunic thing.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

SW.com makes it clear "Rep" is his title, but doesn't strictly say "Rep = Representative": http://www.starwars.com/databank/cha...een/index.html
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.