Obi Wan AOTC saber is the same as TPM

Hey guys, I have seen the movie closely and have noticed that the Obi wan AOTC lightsaber in the movie is the same one as TPM lightsaber. I realize that master replicas made the AOTC one out of chrome and TPM one out of alluminum but I stand corrected when I say that they made a distiction solely for marketing purposes. The same is said about the differences between AOTC Dooku and ROTS tyranus. I have seen the movie closely and the "screen accurate" version is the tyranus. In both films that he's in, the saber does not have a gray part at the hilt, it's all chrome. I will post pictures to confirm it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aotc_obi69.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	14580   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aotc_obi131.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	16.8 KB 
ID:	14581   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aotc_obi147.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	25.4 KB 
ID:	14582   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aotc-count_dooku09.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	7.4 KB 
ID:	14583  

Obi-Wan's TPM saber has more differences to its AOTC counterpart than Dooku's AOTC has to its ROTS version.

Obi-Wan's saber differences:
    - slight size variation, TPM is a bit longer and wider;
    - TPM version chrome, AOTC brushed aluminum (or that's backwards, not sure anymore, been a while);
    - TPM has holes in the cubes on the pommel, AOTC does not;
    - knurled buttons are different heights and slightly different shapes;
    - TPM version has shaved-down (non-active) LEDs around the rings, AOTC is filled in;
    - TPM top portion ends in a deep-set o-ring, AOTC has a bigger o-ring and a second level of metal beneath it;
    - the cutaway knotch beneath the main grips is a different shape between the 2;
    - the pommels end with slightly different round shapes.

Supposedly, MR's AOTC saber is brushed steel, not aluminum, but I dunno if that's prop-accurate or a higher-quality material choice.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

wow jeditrcks, you really know the exact differences in sabers. I am however not talking about the differences in the sabers by Master Replicas. I am talking about the differences in the way they appear in the films. The pictures I posted are from AOTC and obi wan's saber is clearly shown. His saber appears to be alluminum and not chrome. Chrome reflects light and his saber isn't doing so. In the extras on the dvd you see Ewan Mcgregor holding it very clearly and it is identical to his TPM saber. I hope MR will make a collectors edition of TPM screen accurate saber but I doubt they will because it's an elite edition.

first of all, by those pictures you posted you cant tell a damn thing except for the general shape of the saber. How can you see that there are holes in the pommel cubes, or that there is a black O-ring, or that the LEDs are shaved instead of bezeled? You cant...

If Obi's saber was infact the same in AOTC as in TPM, then why would a company like Master Replicas bother to make 2 versions of it? Is it some kind of conspiracy? I think not....the simple fact of the matter is, they are "different".

The reason why Master Replicas did not make a Tyranus ROTS lightsaber is because it is TOO IDENTICAL to his saber in AOTC. the only difference is that his ROTS saber is all chrome, where as his AOTC saber has a 'matte' gray elbow joint.

I think its polished not brushed, chrome doesn't keep very well as I've said before. Polished doesn't wear off at all like chrome does. polished aluminum like my sunglasses.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxu3x View Post
    I am however not talking about the differences in the sabers by Master Replicas. I am talking about the differences in the way they appear in the films.
    So was I, whether we see the differences or not on our DVDs they are there, the props are different.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.