Hybrid View

Unhappy quality control went sooooo far south towards the end over at galoob

just received the federation tank die-cast (thanx brit cit), the last die-cast i needed, (at least i think it;s the last die-cast i need , yo jeddah! when you ever gonna get around to shipping those die-cast, and epic sets anyway?) , where wuz i before i sooo rudely interuppted my own bad self

oh yeah, anyway, the detail and quality of the tank is dreck when compared with all the others the main cannon according to the movable action features indicated on the card is supposed to tilt up, it doesn't, the detail and fastening of the two side cannons is horrible (they look like two clothes pin stuck on with a rather huge i might add pin), and to really show that they didn't care, the frickin clothes pins (errr... i mean cannons) are a bland color of taupe plastic (everything else is the proper desert camoflouage color) that give the whole thing an apperance of being an unfinished product! and to top the whole thing off, when you open the hatch on top of the turret, it reveals an unfinished piece of metal, right below the hatch, i mena right below the hatch, like lookin' at a brick wall. so much for outfitting this guy with a an mm battle droid sticking out through the hatch.

sheeesh,
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    what's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding

Beneath the turret hatch on mine is white painted plastic detailing, not metal. Other than that, it is true that it's not very deep and the guns are ugly and the main gun doesn't elevate, but look at the detail on the underside of the hatch or the deep cut-away on the underside or the small clear third wheel (compared to the ugly extension on other versions). It's not THAT bad... hmm, wait, the turret doesn't pivot at its mid-point, that's not so good.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

What do you mean that the quality has gone south! I live in the south. Errrr... wait, I get it. Never mind
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."

Lightbulb ohhhhhhh, now i know where the r&d moolah went

Originally posted by JediTricks
    but look at the detail on the underside of the hatch
    after reading your post, i took a close look at the "under side" of the hatch detail, and i got's to admit, you is right jt, it sure is detailed.

i guess after they spent all the time and money on that, everything else was just slap it together boys, we done did blew the buget on the purtying up of the underside of the hatch

now if only they could have attached that minutely detailed, concealed from view, underside of hatch cover using something other than the mickey' d's golden arches
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    what's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding