Page 31 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
    The Six Million Dollar Man vs. Sasquatch! - (repasted)

The 70's.... man.

It's hard to imagine that I lived, however briefly, at the end of that era.

But STAR WARS actually came out of it.

When you look back on that, I'm surprised girls wearing their hair in doughnut buns didn't catch on like the plaid-striped pants and lounge-lizard collar shirts.

But I loved how you could run a 20 minute mile in P.E. by moving really slow and not breaking a sweat while you claimed to your teacher that you were using bionics and they shouldn't discriminate against the heroic handicapped!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Yes, I remember the Bigfoot episodes. Those were great back then, along with the Death Probe episodes. About 10 years ago Sci-Fi Channel was showing Six Million Dollar Man and I watched a lot of the episodes, and for the most part they seemed kind of boring. In particular, I was excited to see the pilot episode, but it wasn't as great as I expected.

The Kenner toy commercials for that franchise are linked to at the YouTube link.

I had a lot of those figures, now that I recall. Their action features worked only about half the time. Oscar Goldman's exploding briefcase was pretty fun.

His office playset had an exploding desk as well.

Imagine that: another Kenner line had an action figure of an old guy in an office, complete with old guy secret agent action features!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    The Kenner toy commercials for that franchise are linked to at the YouTube link.

I had a lot of those figures, now that I recall. Their action features worked only about half the time. Oscar Goldman's exploding briefcase was pretty fun.

His office playset had an exploding desk as well.

Imagine that: another Kenner line had an action figure of an old guy in an office, complete with old guy secret agent action features!
    I remember seeing them in the the Sears catalog. I think they even had the Death Probe. I also recall seeing Star Trek figures in there with a transporter playset. I remember wondering how the transporter would work. I never got those toys though.

If you're talking 70's Trek toys, I don't know the answer to your question.

I had Mego Kirk, McCoy, and Spock. Maybe I got the Klingon (I think it was Kor).

But in the 1990's, Playmates did a TNG transporter for the figures which used mirror effects to simulate "beaming." That was amusing to play with for just about 5 to 10 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    If you're talking 70's Trek toys, I don't know the answer to your question.

I had Mego Kirk, McCoy, and Spock. Maybe I got the Klingon (I think it was Kor).

But in the 1990's, Playmates did a TNG transporter for the figures which used mirror effects to simulate "beaming." That was amusing to play with for just about 5 to 10 minutes.
    Here is a Star Trek playset on eBay. This blog says that you would would spin the transporter around fast and the figure would disappear, but it would be in a secret door behind the transporter.

Not so much random, this video is Star Wars related . . . . but if you are like me, you have often asked yourself the question, "What happens if an evil Sith baddie like Darth Maul ever made it to contestant's row on the game show 'The Price is Right?'"
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Where's the link LBC?

I'd like to see Darth Maul try to win a date with Tila Tequila.

Sorry, I intended your imaginations to run wild . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAPUcYzqPa8
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

The only thing that redeemed that was the fire.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.