Page 34 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

This is well-done and they even use a Han Solo sound-effect from ANH.

Transformers BumbleBee versus Barricade part 1

Michael Bay would be so proud!

I'm digging the other street traffic and the pedestrians.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

It's the *****cat Dolls! This is important!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

AKUS + Jerry Douglas

Expand you musical horizons, kiddies!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYhlXdxbAXc
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

Yee-haw! I like this kind of music. No seriously: I do!

Where were The Dukes of Hazzard?

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Where were The Dukes of Hazzard?
    Puh-leeze, Tycho! If you knew of the success of Alison Krauss, you'd NEVER put her in such low company! She's not just bluegrass. That's just where she got her start. She's teamed up with classical musicians to rock musicians and everything in between.

Your assignment tonight: A little research on AK and then report back... impressed!

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post

Excellent. I don't normally listen to this sort of music, but I like it better than the popular country music of today. I've listened to the bluegrass channel on Music Choice a few times, usually when my mom is visiting and I wanted something on that she might like more than the alternative rock channel that I normally listen to.

What is amusing is reading the reviews of the "Pickin' On..." series of albums that are on iTunes. People are screaming bloody murder that bands like AC/DC, Metallica and Led Zeppelin have been disgraced by such albums. It is especially funny with Led Zeppelin when a song like "Going to California" sounds almost the same as the original. Narrow minded fools don't understand that great music transcends genres and it is a tribute to its greatness when it can be reworked in different ways.

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post

I like that kind of music, So pure. Union Station can really play their instruments.
    Not only can Alison Krauss play the fiddle, she has beautiful voice.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    I like that kind of music, So pure. Union Station can really play their instruments.
    Not only can Alison Krauss play the fiddle, she has beautiful voice.
    This is why I'm smitten by this group. First and foremost, they are musicians. And, yes, Krauss has a wonderful soprano voice. I love the fact that she is not afraid to try other forms of music, as well (from Yo Yo Ma to Robert Plant, folks). I'm amazed that she's essentially invisible to the average public given her success and accolades throughout her long career.