Page 38 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue2th View Post
    Dayum. Not only is that an awesome display of technical precision and incredible detail, it's good for the environment too.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Found this through the Cardboard AT-AT link, it's not brilliant but it's got fair execution: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enlyHAJfwyI
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

i had friends send me the little 3 year olds summary of SW. i'd post the link again but it's already showed up a couple of times in this thread.

From Afar....

It's been a very strange week.

From out of the blue, it was revealed to my brothers and me that a book regarding our uncle is in the process of being published.

I'll let this link do most of the explaining:

http://www.wgs.cc/FirstToFall/

....and of all things, there's this on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3jd4ZTn_LQ

We've been in contact with the author, getting a "behind the scenes" view of how this all precipitated. We're still sorting this all out.

Weird.
    ¡Que la fuerza te acompañe!

This IS weird, but also very interesting.

I really hope they change the book's cover before it's released, that looks awful. Almost as bad as the music used in the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    This IS weird, but also very interesting.

I really hope they change the book's cover before it's released, that looks awful. Almost as bad as the music used in the video.
    The music in the video and items on the cover all have significance to the story. I was able to read the manuscript (as did my brothers) over the week end as the author wanted comment from us. There's a lot of "literary license" but nonetheless the story holds.

Quote Originally Posted by TeeEye7 View Post
    The music in the video and items on the cover all have significance to the story. I was able to read the manuscript (as did my brothers) over the week end as the author wanted comment from us. There's a lot of "literary license" but nonetheless the story holds.
    I didn't mean the actual items on the front, though they are arranged bizarrely. It just looks like it was made on Powerpoint and looks, shall we say, less than professional.

You are most wise, young sir!

The author will be self-publishing the book. He also was responsible for the cover design. And, yes, I do believe Powerpoint would be his vehicle for the artwork, as he explained to us that he has used Powerpoint presentations to groups in the past, regarding my uncle's story.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    That's all very bizarre. Be sure to let us know how it progresses.
    I shall. When I learn more, I'll post in the Comics and Books section where this subject really belongs!

I think our resident WWII expert, Exhaust Port, would be interested, too!