Page 49 of 54 FirstFirst ... 39454647484950515253 ... LastLast

Here are a few videos for you guys. The first one is a music video for Lapti Nek. I've seen it before but this is pretty good quality and it shows a bit more of the denizens of Jabba's Palace: Lapti Nek

This one is the original cantina scene from ANH. I like this one because the guy did an amazing job of trying to add color and he also spliced in scenes from the movie version. It too shows a LOT of the denizens that never made it back into the cantina scenes: Original Cantina Scene

I also like the Cantina one because of the original voices of the actors. Dr. E just does NOT sound as threatening with a British accent...
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

On the Cantina one, notice how Ponda Baba's severed arm originally had the flipper holding a blaster? I'm guessing they realized in edit that folks wouldn't understand that visually quick enough.

This one speaks for itself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CVYO...layer_embedded
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Apparently it didn't speak for itself, since Tooth re-linked to it.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

[FONT=Courier New]That was pretty awesome.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]

That was amazing. I can't figure out how he did it. It's gotta be some form of CGI, but it looks too good.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

That was awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Metalmute View Post
    That was amazing. I can't figure out how he did it. It's gotta be some form of CGI, but it looks too good.
    I'm thinking some puppetry (leg shaking and cuddling at the start), and the rest is stop-motion using composite images and misleading post-production camera techniques.

I'm probably wrong though.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

[FONT=Courier New]A friend of mine sent me this link: [/FONT][FONT=Courier New]http://improveverywhere.com/2010/07/14/star-wars-subway-car/[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]It's the Darth Vader/Princess Leia scene from ANH re-enacted on a NY City subway car.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New][/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]I think the audience/bystander reactions adds a lot to the fun of the video and makes up for the generic sci-fi keyboard music.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New]"First of all, never bad mouth synergy..."[/FONT]