Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    I saw some boxes of SAGE 2008 football at Wal-Mart today. At first I thought it was from last year but it had a pic of a Matt Ryan auto card on it.

Normally I would buy this, but I want to wait until tomorrow to see who the Jets draft, then I will focus on buying those specific cards.

Oh, and Devil King: Most of the Ripken cards that are worth anything significant are his rookies, autographs, or jersey cards.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Just scored this off of ebay.

Bidding on 2 other players' autos right now.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester

Bump!!

I have yet to buy a single football card for this current year.

It makes no sense, as this is the year the Jets got their qb of the future, Mark Sanchez.

So, you guys still into sports cards?

Not as much as I used to be.

I'm only doing UCLA Bruin alumni (actually, it's regardless of whether they graduated or not ) now and with an emphasis on autos. However, Russell Westbrook is quite expensive and Chase Utley is super expensive. Fortunately, I got Trevor Ariza's during his rookie year when the cards were super cheap.

Haven't bought any cards in a few years...but when I did last it was to get some old sets I had as a kid that got ruined in a basement. I would eventually like to get a Topps baseball set for ever year I've graced this planet.
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!

Well, I do OWN many cards, but I think the early 90s was the last time I remotely "collected" sports cards. If I find some Steelers, Pirates, Penguins, or Ohio St. or Pitt. rookies, I'll keep 'em.
    "That's what Sheev said."

I got my first new cards of 2009 today. I'm only 4 months behind my normal schedule!!

One of my best friends sent me a bubble envelope and inside were a bunch of new Jets cards. Included were 2 Mark Sanchez rookies, a Shawne Greene rookie, and a Kellen Clemens jersey card. There were also about 50 base cards in there as well.

Has anyone else gotten any new cards lately?

I'm heading to a local mall tomorrow for a sports card show. I'm pretty excited about it....I haven't been to one in years.....just gotta grab a Beckett and maybe $60 and be on my way!
    You'll be sorry, Pee-Wee Herman!