Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Unhappy Hasbro was going to release the Turbo Tank.

From, http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/inde...topic=5183.180

2) What is the top 3 things that Hasbro has wanted to do, but were shot down, whether it be by LFL, costs, time, etc?

Usually cost, time, and item count limitations are the culprits in having to lay aside a good idea. For 2007, there are two concepts we wanted to pursue but couldn't make work at the time: 1) Poster packs, built around the original theatrical posters matched to 3-3/4" figures, was a victim of item count and costing. These were conceived for '07 because of the widespread anticipation of the 30th Anniversary, but because of their size and cost we had to put them aside. We may look at this some time in the future, possibly as an exclusive farther down the road; and 2) A 3-3/4" Turbo Tank. Yes, it will pain some people to hear that we were working on a model that will not make it to market in 2007, but we just couldn't make the timing work. Now that we are looking at the animation, we will re-visit which large-size hero vehicle or playset we do. It may not be the Turbo Tank first...but we love this vehicle and will eventually get to it...patience will be rewarded.

Well that bites, at least it wasnt an AT-TE they were working on, I would be more pi55ed&
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

From the sound of that answer it seems like we may be getting the Turbo Tank in 2008.&
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

The good news appears to be that we will be getting a large size vehicle or playset (Death Star?) within a year or two. and that the turbo tank is somewhere down the line. Thats better than hearing that it wont ever happen.
    Good Traders/Sellers: Cameo, Darth Cruel, Sith Killer 99, JJReason, icatch9, ChasingJediDogma, AT-AT Man, JediMasterGuyute, Brainiak76, JangoFett96, njscollectibles, Vulcantouch, AC Pin, TheDarthVader, msjedi, DarthQuack, Roojay

Even if the Turbo Tank was the same size as their Sandcrawler, that would be nice. They're really getting excited about the animation, though, aren't they?

Both the TurboTank and AT-TE would be awesome!

Meanwhile, the Separatists have stuff they need to do, which would require less shelf-space and a lower price-point for customers:

large Homing Spider Droid (Geonosis)
    Corporate Alliance Tank Droid (Kashyyyk)
    Clone Swamp Speeder (Kashyyyk)
    Wookiee Catamaran (Kashyyyk)
    Gunship Delivery Vehicle (retool existing gunship, Geonosis)
    Gungan Bongo Sub (Naboo)
    Ody Mandrell's pit droid firing Podracer (Tatooine)
    Teemto Pagules spin-out crashing Podracer (Tatooine)
    Mars Guo's exploding engine podracer (Tatooine)

(I know that Gasgano and Dud Bolt need their vehicles, but these others did stuff in the movies that could run as a cheap toy action feature).

Anakin's racer could even be re-released with a revamped spin-out feature - twist the starboard engine knob to make the pod spin upside down repeatedly (when detached from the port engine cable).

Sebulba's racer is pretty complete the way it is.

Other low price points could include:

Lars Family Landspeeder (Tatooine)
    Rebel Pilot Ground Transport (Yavin or Hoth)
    Clone AT-PT (Fallucia or Mygeeto)

Mid-range could be a covertible star yacht for Padme, with parts to make both the AOTC and ROTS crafts. Folks would buy 2 on many occasions (I would).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

That the multi-wheeled thing? leftover design from ESB battle of Hoth re-used.

It was in ROTS, looked like an AT-TE on wheels basically.&

click me &
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

ah so my memory isn't so bad then.

incidentally why do all your posts end with an ampersand?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL View Post
    They're really getting excited about the animation, though, aren't they?
    Yeah they are but if you are looking to market to kids there is no better way than with a hit cartoon. If it is half as good as the clone wars episodes it will be pretty good. I still hoping they will be something I would like to watch. The fact that they were working on this for a release this year makes me really eager to see what we are getting next year.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22